Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 22, 2012
- Exclusive India CIO Salary and Career Survey 2012
Get unprecedented insight into the state of Indian CIO careers, compensation and changing responsibilities and find out how much CIOs earn.
- Mobile BI strategy showcases ways IT can benefit the business
OFS Brands Application Manager Tim Hopper explains why the national furniture supplier pursued a mobile BI strategy and the ways it's paying off.
- Transparency, honesty sweeten customer experiences, Gartner says
Highly personalized relationships with customers were recommended by Gartner at the research group’s annual Customer 360 Summit.
- Verizon DBIR 2012: Automated large-scale attacks taking down SMBs
The Verizon DBIR says cybercrime groups automate attacks against SMBs with lax controls on remote access services and point-of-sale systems.
- Verizon 2012 DBIR recommends log analysis and password management
The 2012 DBIR highlights prevalent problems with simple, relatively inexpensive recommendations.
- BI software purchases pack benefits for manufacturers, watchers say
Other types of systems offer analytics capabilities, but industry observers say it’s still worth it to buy BI.
- QlikTech price list puts pressure on BI industry
Consultants applaud QlikTech for publishing its business intelligence software price list. But will that create a domino effect and change one of the most secretive aspects of the BI industry?
- 2012 Verizon DBIR: Hacktivists make impact on data breach statistics
The Verizon DBIR says hacktivists conduct opportunistic attacks targeting mainly large businesses using tactics akin to a smash-and-grab burglary, stealing any data they can access.
- Chrome gets fixes for 6 ‘high rated’ security bugs
Google has updated its Chrome browser to 17.0.963.83. This regular stable channel release fixes a total of 10 vulnerabilities, 6 of which are rated high.
- Oracle server hardware revenue drops, Ellison shrugs it off
Oracle server hardware revenue dropped double digits again, but the company doesn’t care. Why?
- UC collaboration tools: greater simplicity needed for IT, end users
UC collaboration products must offer ease-of-use for IT and end users. With that goal in mind, Mitel updates its UC collaboration suite.
- Enterprise must-have: better social media integration
Social media integration into existing enterprise platforms can boost user adoption; IGLOO offers microblogging application that integrates with enterprise networking tools.
- Verizon data breach report highlights continuing POS vulnerabilities
Improperly secured point-of-sale systems continue to offer an easy target to cybercriminals according to the 2012 data breach report from Verizon.
- U.S. cloud adoption fueled by cost savings and flexibility
Cloud adoption in the U.S. is driven by a hunger for cost savings and flexibility, according to a recent survey by the Cloud Industry Forum.
- Cloud building: EMC gets in the game
A Canadian newspaper publisher turned to EMC for cloud-building services that stretched far beyond the vendor’s traditional storage offerings.