Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
- IT operations in the age of cloud: Brace yourself for change
It’s no longer a question of if — but when — cloud takes hold in enterprise IT shops. IT operations will never be the same.
- Telemedicine urgent care delivery model extends provider reach
Experts from the ATA 2012 conference predict telemedicine urgent care delivery models will become the norm in 5 years, despite some clinical limitations.
- Prioritizing WAN application delivery: Go beyond WAN QoS
Simple WAN QoS just won't cut it today, when enterprises need to prioritize WAN application delivery.
- From the Editor: Big data arrives, but plagued by governance challenges and skills shortage
Big data offers big opportunites, but governance challenges and skills shortgages could pose big problems.
- Oracle won’t patch four-year-old zero-day in TNS listener
Despite the accidental release of attack code for a bug in Oracle’s database, the company won’t change the code for fear of “regression.”
- IBM PureSystems integration appliance to vie with Oracle offerings
Expert integration system patterns are at the heart of the PureSystems hardware appliance launched by IBM at its Impact 2012 event in Las Vegas.
- IBM's big iron sales down but mainframes not on way out, say experts
Does IBM's recent drop in mainframe sales indicate big iron modernization tools are gaining traction?
- Application performance management tools: A must-have for the cloud
SSQ contributor Crystal Bedell talks to APM experts about considerations for decision makers when evaluating APM tools for their cloud-based applications.
- Re-creating a business intelligence system on the fly
How one SearchCIO-Midmarket.com IT Leadership Awards finalist helped re-create his company's business intelligence system with the aid of data visualization software.