Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, May 3, 2012
- Forward-looking CIOs need to focus on app dev skewed toward mobile
App dev now is taking center stage because meeting customers' real-world information needs is not just nice, it's necessary to being able to compete.
- Infostrada teams up with Roambi, mobile sports analytics at Olympics
Dutch media sports information provider Infostrada has teamed up with mobile BI company Roambi to create an iPhone and iPad app for the Olympics. It will predict medal counts.
- VMware Cloud Foundry on OpenStack puts kibosh on vendor lock-in
OpenStack developer Piston Cloud Computing plans to integrate the Infrastructure as a Service platform with VMware's PaaS to eliminate lock-in.
- Android mobile attack: Hacked websites target Android users
For the first time, cybercriminals are using compromised websites to conduct drive-by attacks targeting Google Android users.
- Mobile CRM apps aim to connect smartphones, contact centers
Customers won’t start from scratch with new mobile app “bridge” programs that transfer their information to contact centers.
- SOCA takes its website offline in DDoS response
Just days after SOCA shut down carder sites, the agency was the victim of a DDoS attack, leading SOCA to takes its website offline.
- Unified Communications integration: Single vs. multi-vendor environments
Enterprises must choose between a single or multi-vendor environment for their UC strategy, as unified communications integration becomes critical.
- Microsoft to fix 23 vulnerabilities in May 2012 Patch Tuesday
Microsoft said it plans to address flaws in Windows, Office, Silverlight and the .NET Framework.
- Microsoft program breach led to early RDP vulnerability exploit
Microsoft said a member of its confidential Active Protections Program leaked information that prompted an exploit targeting a flaw patched in March.