Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
- CIO survey: IT salaries in 2010 and how they vary by industry
As companies began emerging from the recession, IT salaries differed by industry, in some cases widely. How were industries alike? Raises and a generally upbeat outlook for 2011.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant reveals SAP master data management soft spots
SAP master data management technologies are getting better, but Gartner cautions there are still some things that current and potential users should keep in mind.
- The CIO job and age discrimination
Is the CIO job more vulnerable to age discrimination than other C-suite positions? Yes, but in ways you might not imagine, according to leading headhunters.
- PCI DSS 2.0, GRC products top compliance officers' concerns in 2011
In 2011, compliance officers are focusing on virtualization compliance with PCI DSS 2.0 standards, and governance, risk and compliance products.
- Telecom outsourcing for cloud infrastructure build-out, management
Service providers need help in the cloud. Telecom outsourcing can cover day-to-day management or design and development services with pre-packaged turnkey cloud infrastructure.
- Will enterprises ever warm up to Skype for business communications?
Skype is courting enterprises, but UC pros still regard it as a consumer service and hesitate to depend entirely on Skype for business communications.
- SAP acquires security software capabilities from Swiss firm
SAP?s acquisition of Secude means that users will no longer have to go to third-party vendors for secure login and enterprise sign-on capabilities.
- Top five Channel Marker blog posts for 2010
Channel Marker readers kept a close eye on HP's 3Par deal and the fallout from Mark Hurd's exit in 2010. Top blogs also included Oracle's hardware ventures.
- VCE redo aims to boost Vblock sales
As the VCE Coalition morphs to the VCE Company, partners hope for better, faster Vblock sales.
- PCI survey finds more compliance spending planned to meet guidelines
A survey of 500 security professionals found that although the compliance initiatives are burdensome, they are improving security at most organizations.
- Policies, tools and best practices guide for virtualization management
A guide to developing a virtualization management strategy with tips on policies to set, tools to select and best practices for optimizing your virtual environment.
- Storage execs see more cloud storage, data reduction, SSDs in 2011
Headlines: Looking ahead to 2011, storage vendor execs see cloud storage playing a more prominent role in data centers; primary data reduction, SSDs and 10 GbE also on the rise.
- 3X adds bare-metal restore to remote backup appliance
3X upgrades its "private cloud" SMB backup/DR appliances, adding bare metal restore, granular Exchange recovery and support for virtualized environments to the devices.
- IT salary survey: Storage jobs in the UK
Find out what storage professionals are making in the UK in this IT salary survey focused on storage workers.
- Survey shows average UK storage salary rose by 4.3% in 2010
The SearchStorage.co.UK 2011 UK storage salary shows pay has risen by 4.3% since 2009 and that those in the north east and the manufacturing sector are best rewarded.
- Best-paid storage jobs go to the loyal and qualified
The most highly paid storage jobs are held by long-serving and well-qualified employees. But, who is the average UK storage professional?
- Building a better data backup plan: This year's hottest backup trends
Your new year's resolution may be to build a better data backup plan. Check out this special report on the year's hottest backup trends.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 editions, requirements: Top 10 resources
SQL Server 2008 R2 editions offer different things to specific types of customers, learn about them and about the SQL Server 2008 R2 requirements.