Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, January 14, 2011
- In 2011, SQL Server market trending toward cloud, virtualization
Higher SQL Server cloud adoption with more competition and SQL Server virtualization will get top billing in the SQL Server market in 2011, experts predict. Plus, self-service BI is on the up and up, along with solid-state devices.
- Biometric authentication technology curbs microfinance org?s losses
Growing Opportunity implements biometric authentication technology to overcome financial losses resulting from duplicate loan applications.
- Oracle rolls out VirtualBox 4.0: News in brief
Oracle rolls out VirtualBox 4.0; Citrix invests in GlassHouse Technologies and other news in brief.
- NetApp bags Akorri to bolster capacity planning lineup
NetApp has entered into an agreement to buy data centre management software provider Akorri Networks; plus more news in brief.
- Red Hat updates RHEL 5: Data center news in brief
Red Hat provided customers still on RHEL 5 with numerous updates and enhancements, including support for the latest microprocessor platforms.
- High school deploys TwinStrata CloudArray cloud storage gateway
Essex Agricultural and Technical High School recently deployed cloud storage using a cloud storage gateway from TwinStrata after evaluating a similar product from Nasuni.
- Adobe to overhaul Flash Player interface to improve security, privacy
Engineers at Adobe Systems Inc. are working on a redesign of the Flash Player Settings Manager to incorporate features requested by users and privacy advocates.
- FalconStor Software lifts CEO Jim McNiel's interim tag; more data storage news
Storage management vendor FalconStor Software makes Jim McNiel CEO after four months as interim CEO; QNAP adds NAS server; InQuinox upgrades backup appliance.