Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
- Users share successes, challenges with manufacturing sustainability software
Using ?IT for green? is a far trickier strategy than green IT, but the environmental and economic payoffs could be huge, say two manufacturers that are attempting it.
- Will VMware SRM lose the ?R? and become Site Manager?
VMware SRM will add new features, which may alter how customers use the disaster recovery tool. Mike Laverick previews future VMware SRM features and what they mean for users.
- WAN optimization vendors improve WAN video delivery with eCDN features
Networking pros struggling to improve WAN video delivery can reap the benefits of enterprise CDNs with equipment they may already have: WAN optimization controllers.
- Analytical database tips: deployment advice and potential challenges
Get consultant Rick Sherman?s advice on deploying analytical databases, and learn about the challenges that organizations can face on analytical database projects.
- VAR business opportunities for 2011: What to focus on
Learn about the new specific technologies and services that can be translated into big VAR business opportunities in 2011, including VDI, cloud computing and the mobile market.
- Working with configuration files in Linux systems
Read how to find and edit configuration files in your customers' Linux systems by using the shell commands provided in this chapter excerpt.
- Linux/UNIX directories and shell commands for VARs
The Linux/UNIX directories and shell commands listed in this chapter excerpt will be valuable to solution providers who are trying to customize their customers' Linux environments.
- Sepaton delivers faster deduplication VTL with OST support
Headlines: Sepaton gives its VTLs a hardware and software makeover, with faster processors, support for Symantec OpenStorage (OST) and better integration with IBM TSM.
- BridgeStor announces Microsoft DPM appliances, and other backup and recovery news
This week's data backup and recovery news in brief: BridgeSTOR introduces new appliance for Microsoft DPM; Actifio reveals virtual data management product and more.
- Midmarket use of public cloud computing is fueled by company growth
Midmarket companies' growth and their desire to give customers remote access to business applications are fueling the adoption of public cloud computing resources.
- EMC VNX launch represents a move toward unified branding as well as unified storage
EMC VNX launch marks a move toward unified branding as well as unified storage, but does a unified brand really indicate a unified product range?