Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, February 10, 2011
- SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 to offer fully integrated data management
The long-awaited SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 business intelligence platform hits the streets later this month and enterprise information management and in-memory will be a focus.
- IFRS convergence in India: Cos opt for wait and watch
Companies covered in phase 1 for IFRS convergence in India have chosen to manage both iGAAP and IFRS to avoid litigation.
- VMware previews vSphere 5 at Partner Exchange
VMware says vSphere 5, which is due out this summer, will add Storage DRS, host-based replication and network I/O control at the VM level.
- Mobile sales strategies mean more than just mobile CRM software
Creative companies are making broader use of smartphones than just email, phone and mobile CRM software, finding uses for GPS, cameras and other mobile applications.
- How accountable care organizations can succeed: One provider's lesson
Dean Health System essentially has been an accountable care organization for years. Several factors, including EHR interoperability, data analytics and charm school, drive savings.
- New server technologies gain traction in the channel
Converged data center platforms and micro servers each have their uses, VARs say.
- Business intelligence, analytics help CIO challenge collective wisdom
Business intelligence and predictive analytics are enabling New York City Housing Authority CIO Atefeh Riazi to take the guesswork out of IT investments.
- The lines between cloud computing models are blurring
Cloud computing models are converging. Many roads are leading to PaaS, and some vendors are building an IaaS-SaaS-PaaS triple threat.
- Goodbye, base station: Rebuilding radio access network architecture
Alcatel-Lucent has proposed a bold new product portfolio for radio access network architecture that it claims will lower expenses, improve performance and eliminate base stations.
- VMware vShield Manager design raises availability concerns
One of the major technical kinks that has yet to be worked out in VMware?s vShield virtualization security product line is what happens when the vShield Manager appliance fails.
- VoIP security issues: How you might become a target for TDoS attacks
The maturation of VoIP deployments has opened UC pros to a new world of VoIP security issues -- telephony denial of service (TDoS) attacks. Contact centers are prime targets.
- NYSE chooses London-based Interxion data centre
NYSE selects London-based service provider Interxion for its Secure Financial Transaction Infrastructure; plus more news in brief.
- Data center energy management software finds its limits
Without adequate power-metering equipment and data, data center energy management software can be of marginal use.
- VMware adds partner competency for virtualizing tier-one applications
A new VMware solution competency, launched at Partner Exchange, recognizes partners specializing in virtualizing tier-one applications.
- Hackers target oil, energy firms in Night Dragon attacks
Using social engineering techniques and spear-phishing attacks, attackers are exploiting Windows flaws and using tools to steal sensitive proprietary data, including project-financing information.
- Emerging theme at RSA Conference 2011 may be 'mostly cloudy'
Security vendors at RSA Conference 2011 need to be more specific about the security technologies they are aiming at the cloud, industry analysts say.
- Hitachi Data Systems achieves VAAI support on VSP; more storage news
Hitachi Data Systems supports VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) on its VSP; NexGen gets funding, plans SAN; Raidon launches SAS systems; Panasas plans expansion; and more data storage news.
- RAID storage systems update
Read our top content on RAID storage systems, advances in RAID technology, the value of erasure codes in RAID 6, and how to manage RAID data storage capacity.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.