Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, February 14, 2011
- From beer to broadband: Marston?s becomes a private telecoms carrier
When Brewer Marston?s founded private telecoms company Marston?s Telecom, it created a private broadband network, improved branch office communications and saw ?600,000 in savings.
- Mobile cloud security: How to address the issues
UK enterprises that are implementing mobile cloud services will find themselves tackling mobile cloud security issues. In this Q&A, learn how mobile cloud security can be addressed by securing mobile clients and implementing a centralised strategy.
- UK heads for a mobile network operator duopoly
UK mobile network operators are dwindling due to mergers and agreements that stifle competition. Businesses must consider the effect this network consolidation will have on mobile services available to them and the prices they will have to pay.
- UK data protection regulations get stricter
As UK data protection regulations and data privacy laws and their enforcement becomes tougher, enterprises must learn the intricacies of the Data Protection Act and the E-Privacy Directive, among other laws that affect network security.
- Can government agencies use a shared LAN? VLANs and NAC make it so
At the Aldershot Centre for Health, multiple government agencies use a shared LAN that enables each to have separately secured data using a combination of Cisco NAC and VLAN implementation.
- Can implementing unified communications cause behaviour problems?
Implementing unified communications (UC) isn?t as much a technical challenge as it is a cultural problem. Will IT teams find themselves teaching employees how not to be a distraction to each other?
- Acronis provides backup and DR for vCloud, and other data backup news
Check out this week's latest data backup and recovery technology news.
- RSA 2011: The wrap
Want to know what's going down at the RSA Conference for 2011? We've linked to all the big news in one easy-to-use story.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Data discovery vendors take on BI heavyweights
Data discovery software vendors are stealing market share from the leading business intelligence (BI) players, according to Gartner.
- Mobile phone security threats, blended attacks increasing
Not only is the amount of mobile malware increasing, the level of sophistication of that malware and accompanying attacks is rising, too, discloses a new report.
- HIMSS attendees consider a world without the HITECH Act
The HITECH Act has helped shape providers' motives for adopting EHR technology. Repeal would harm those efforts, the industry says. HIMSS 2011 should give providers some insight.
- Oracle and SAP procurement strategies for catalog management and MDM
Companies using SAP or Oracle procurement can turn to third-party tools to enhance their MDM and SRM strategies.
- Syncplicity opens cloud file management software to channel partners
Cloud-based file management provider Syncplicity unveiled its channel program with discounted pricing for initial orders and renewals, and admin controls.
- Art of defence launches community for distributed firewall development
Art of defence has formed a community to develop an open source Web application firewall, contributing its own dWAF code as a starting point.
- Echoworx previews mobile device encryption platform for smartphones
Echoworx previewed its mobile encryption platform, promising support for all major smartphone operating systems as well as future tablets.
- Lumension adds to its endpoint security products with EIC
Lumension announced the Endpoint Intelligence Center to protect endpoint computers from threats, malware and third-party software vulnerabilities.
- Lumension announces early adopter program for whitelisting software
Lumension announced its an early adopter program for companies to try its Intelligent Whitelisting product for endpoint security.
- Wanted: SAN management tools for a virtualized environment
As virtualized servers flourish, storage administrators seek SAN management tools that provide greater visibility from virtual machines through storage networks.
- Commtouch announces All-In-One client for security threat management
Commtouch calls its new All-In-One security client a "triple play" of messaging security, Web security and antivirus.