Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
- Converged data center infrastructure promises to banish IT silos
Vendors are promising to eliminate data center infrastructure management headaches by hooking together one-stop solutions. Will enterprises take the bait?
- Converged management, not infrastructure, holds appeal
Despite the vendor push for converged data center infrastructures, customers see more appeal in unified management, not hardware.
- 2011 customer service trends: The mobile revolution
The TSIA?s John Ragsdale digs into one of the biggest trends in customer service in the coming year -- mobile enablement -- with advice and some historical perspective.
- Wanted: SAN management tools for a virtualized environment
As virtualized servers flourish, storage administrators seek SAN management tools that provide greater visibility from virtual machines through storage networks.
- New Sepaton CEO says point products won?t cut it for enterprise backup
VTL vendor Sepaton?s new CEO Mike Thompson sees 10-Gigabit Ethernet joining Fibre Channel as an enterprise disk-based backup protocol, and maintains post-process data deduplication is still the best way to back up a ?large mass? of data.
- Readers react to Oracle Support story
SearchOracle readers react to a story last week on the quality of Oracle Support. Summary: They?re not pleased with support.
- Invoice automation and connectivity in SAP and Oracle procurement deployments
Oracle and SAP procurement shops can improve their accounts payable functionality through invoice automation.
- High-availability and clustering solutions for vSphere VMs
Having a clear understanding of the high-availability and clustering solutions for vSphere VMs, such as application clustering, can help increase customer interest in your offerings.
- Infoblox connects IP address management with vCenter
A new product called IPAM Insight pulls in information from vCenter to give users a unified view of the Layer 2 and Layer 3 networks in virtualized environments.
- Why ICD-10 implementation is falling behind
ICD-10 implementation is catching U.S. providers (who have many other federal health IT mandates to meet) off-guard. Fortunately, HIMSS 2011 will give them a chance to catch up.
- Wireless remote access extends Trafford Council network
Wireless remote access helped Trafford Council support an agile workforce and consolidate old buildings with secure remote access to its private and public network.
- NSA cryptography expert says focus on people, not technology
A prominent encryption expert at the annual cryptographer's panel at RSA Conference 2011 said poorly implemented encryption deployments are being stymied by employee errors.
- Juniper Networks moving forward with gateway for VM security
Juniper Networks has begun unifying products from its acquisition of Altor Networks, combining vGW Virtual gateway with SRS Series Services Gateway for virtual machine security.
- Solera updates network forensics tools to combat security threats
Solera Networks has updated its OS network forensics platform, adding reporting of malware threats, new application classification and tools to give more visibility into the network.
- Fidelis and CloudShield partner to prevent data breaches
Fidelis Security Systems and CloudShield Technologies Inc. have entered into an agreement to offer Fidelis' data breach prevention solutions on CloudShields bladecenter.
- Lieberman integrates SIEM tools with Enterprise Random Password Manager
Lieberman has announced a new version of Enterprise Random Password Manager that integrates with ArcSight ESM, RSA enVision and Q1 Labs QRadar.
- Zscaler launches cloud-based mobile device security service
Zscaler launched its mobile device security service to provide continuity of each user's security policy across a variety of devices including iPhones, iPads and Android devices.
- Microsoft security chief stumps for Internet health check system
Microsoft Vice President of Trustworthy Computing Scott Charney at the RSA Conference 2011 discussed Collective Defense, Microsoft's proposed Internet health check system for consumer computers, and how it should be implemented not by governments and ISPs, but by enterprises.
- Kingston Digital adds two portable device security products
Kingston Digital has added the Data Traveler 4000 (DT4000) and Data Traveler Vault—Privacy Managed (DTVPM) to its line of portable device security products.
- Software fraud, phony electronic parts pose serious security risks, expert says
Hardware and software fraud pose serious threats according to a supply chain expert who says the lack of security is flooding the market for fraudulent devices and parts.
- Identity Finder releases new data loss prevention products
Identity Finder has added to its line of data loss prevention products with Identify Finder 5.0 for Windows and Mac operating systems, plus a new Identity Finder DLP console.
- Voltage upgrades SecureMail with email security policy enhancements
Voltage announced SecureMail v4 to make email security management easier for the user, including support for Microsoft Exchange and BlackBerry devices.
- RSA Cloud Trust Authority addresses cloud computing security issues
RSA, a division of EMC, has announced Cloud Trust Authority to address cloud computing security issues. It includes features from VMware and RSA's own GRC platform.
- ValidEdge unveils NMS antimalware appliance at RSA Conference 2011
ValidEdge unveiled its Network Malware Security system, designed to stop unknown zero-day malware and single-target malware attacks.
- LynuxWorks demonstrates enterprise platform for secure virtualization
LynuxWorks demonstrated its enterprise platform for secure virtualization running on multiple devices and using ValidEdge Network Malware Security (NMS) LynxSecure.
- WhiteHat announces Sentinel service to detect website vulnerabilities
WhiteHat announced the Sentinel PreLaunch (PL) service to detect website vulnerabilities and verify them with WhiteHat's Threat Research Center.
- Updated Cisco security strategy focuses on contextual security
Networking giant Cisco Systems is realigning its enterprise security strategy with a new emphasis on contextual security that seeks to protect emerging technology like the iPad.
- Better methods needed to discover network configuration flaws
Many network security professionals take the wrong approach when testing their networks, according to one prominent security expert.
- PhoneFactor provides multifactor authentication for HealthVault
PhoneFactor has been selected by Microsoft to provide multifactor authentication for HealthVault users.
- Rapid7 enhances NeXpose to address Flash security issues
Rapid7 announced NeXpose 4.10.4 to address Adobe Flash security vulnerabilities and cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- Symantec endpoint protection latest version pitched to partners
Symantec announced a new version of its Endpoint Protection product and small business edition, citing three new features that will be important to its channel partners.