Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, February 18, 2011
- ERP integration crossroad looms for tech manufacturer
Though Cellular Specialties' CRM and ERP are both from Sage, the systems can?t talk to one another, and that leads to tedious workarounds and data issues for the make-to-order company.
- Why enterprise security hates the cloud: Change is hard
Everyone wants cloud to fit into their preexisting systems, but adopting and securing the cloud takes time and effort that many organizations just can't handle.
- Managed services maturation increases pressure to differentiate
Managed print, VoIP and other services will set apart an MSP from the rest of the pack.
- Collaboration crucial for fighting phishing techniques
Phishing's not going away any time soon, but clear communication and cooperation between organizations sending emails to their customers and the webmail providers that filter those emails can help cut down on the number of phishing attempts that hit inboxes, said a panel at RSA Conference 2011.
- Storage cloud reduces costs for advertising firm's content delivery
The Aura Group moved rich media files off a dedicated storage network to Zetta storage cloud to cut costs, add flexibility and provide a backup alternative.