Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- InMage introduces cloud recovery as a service
InMage Systems launched its recovery-as-a-service MSP platform, combining a cloud recovery engine, automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning and portal in one suite.
- Hewlett-Packard SMB Central courts smaller VARs with new portal, MDF
Hewlett-Packard's new SMB Central portal aims to give partners easy access to products for small and medium-sized businesses. VARs can also get $1,500 for MDF per quarter.
- Cisco invests big in British Innovation Gateway
Cisco has promised to invest U.S. $500 million in the British Innovation Gateway, an initiative to connect two areas in East London into a smart community and increase growth in technology incubation.
- Low-power server startup pitches Intel Atom for Hadoop
Low-power server startup SeaMicro says its new 512-core Intel Atom box suits distributed database workloads.
- Applications interfere with cloud computing adoption
Legacy applications have surfaced as the true challenge in moving to private cloud.
- Forrester: Expect more enterprise data warehouse software bundles
Enterprises can expect an influx of preconfigured data warehouse packages geared toward specific industries or business functions, according to a new Forrester Wave report.
- Nexsan launches denser SAN systems with more MAID
Nexsan rolls out the E series of Fibre Channel and iSCSI SANs, denser versions of its ?Boy? and ?Beast? systems with an added layer of AutoMaid disk spindown.
- Former trader gets 3-years for stealing code in Societe Generale case
Security cameras caught Samarth Agrawal stealing source code to a multi-million proprietary trading system used by Societe Generale.
- More Android mobile malware surfaces in third-party app repositories
Security researchers have discovered a new mobile malware hidden in apps on unregulated third-party Android marketplaces.
- Coraid adds storage virtualization appliance for Ethernet SAN arrays
Coraid's latest storage virtualization appliance adds features such as storage pooling, snapshots, mirroring and remote replication to EtherDrive SRX arrays.
- Schneier on Stuxnet malware analysis
Security luminary Bruce Schneier said Stuxnet has introduced a new spate of public questions about covert operations carried out with malware and USB sticks, rather than warships and missiles.
- UK information security training courses overview
Staying up to date with the latest information security strategies and techniques is of the utmost importance. Check out these listings for information security training courses.