Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- 1U servers: Features and capabilities introduction
1U servers are well suited to many everyday business tasks. This overview considers the key features -- from processor and memory support to network ports-- of various 1U server offerings.
- Data management user group directory
User groups in data management offer a chance for IT developers, administrators and end users to share experiences, solve problems and network with others. Find the right user group in this directory.
- Unified communications market shifts gears in the UK
The UK unified communications market is experiencing change because of factors like cloud computing, increased video traffic, and a shift to UC managed services.
- Loughborough University looks to Logicalis Cooperative Cloud and VDI
Loughborough University will deploy Logicalis? Cooperative Cloud, in addition to implementing a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) strategy; plus more news in brief.
- Understanding KVM-over-IP
It?s not practical to have keyboard, video display and a mouse for every server. KVM-over-IP makes it possible to manage multiple servers through a single set of devices.
- EMC dumps on NetApp, HP, IBM in VNX sales primer
EMC admits 3Par led the storage industry three years ago in a document that primes its sales team to counter HP, NetApp and IBM and dismisses Oracle, HDS, Fujitsu and Dell as competitors for its new unified storage range.
- New Tatanarg banking Trojan attempts to disable Zeus, steal data
Tatanarg combines a man-in-the-browser attack with the capability of detecting and disabling Zeus on an infected system.
- RAID modes on a 1U server
Here?s how RAID technology works to provide data resilency.
- Healthcare network's DR plan enables data center move without downtime
Virtua?s plan for migrating data between data centers without downtime included a storage array upgrade and accelerated virtual machine implementation.
- Concord Hospital's 10 steps for EHR implementation
In a presentation at HIMSS 2011, a New Hampshire hospital explained how its 10-step plan for EHR implementation is preparing it to meet federal meaningful use criteria.
- Business tablet hype at Enterprise Connect: Mobile UC pros skeptical
IT pros attending Enterprise Connect this week are enthusiastic about business tablets but not for mobile UC.
- Microsoft, Citrix, Red Hat still lag VMware in features
XenServer, Hyper-V and KVM users still await feature parity with VMware?s vSphere while others work through integration issues.
- Before database standardization, check skill sets, compatibility
Database standardization and consolidation projects require special attention to skill sets, cultural issues and semantics, according to experts.
- Microsoft to fix critical Windows flaw in light patching month
One critical and two important security bulletins are expected for Microsoft's Patch Tuesday.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- Schneier on cyberweapons, offensive cyberwar capabilities
In this vide interview, security luminary Bruce Schneier says it's reasonable to expect that military experts would look at cyberspace as a potential new theater for war.
- HP expands 3PAR disk array compatibility, iSCSI SAN, StoreOnce; more news
HP certifies 3PAR disk array compatibility for clustered NAS and CloudSystem platforms; EMC and IBM extend licensing for Symmetrix compatibility with IBM mainframes; Seagate ships 3 TB SATA drive; and more data storage news.
- Data management guidelines: Four records retention issues to address
These data management guidelines will help you to determine what you should keep when implementing records retention for e-discovery and litigation purposes.