Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, March 4, 2011
- VCE and hybrid cloud in the real world
The CTO of a health care services company explains his undying love for the private cloud powers of the Virtual Computing Environment.
- Microsoft to fix critical Windows flaw in light patching month
One critical and two important security bulletins are expected for Microsoft's Patch Tuesday.
- Retail chain uses in-house analytics team to run SAP BusinessObjects
Anna?s Linens, a national home furnishings chain, created a central department to oversee the company?s business analytics program.
- Mark Cuban to VARs: Go home
Home VARs can profit setting up networks, supporting wireless and integrating devices, whether or not they resell any product.
- IDFC?s green data center sees 16% energy efficiency increase
IDFC?s green data center is among the first Indian data centers to get TUV Rheinland?s energy efficiency certification. A look at the data center?s specs.
- Coraid adds storage virtualization appliance for Ethernet SAN arrays
Coraid's latest storage virtualization appliance adds features such as storage pooling, snapshots, mirroring and remote replication to EtherDrive SRX arrays.
- Nexsan launches denser SAN systems with more MAID
Nexsan rolls out the E series of Fibre Channel and iSCSI SANs, denser versions of its ?Boy? and ?Beast? systems with an added layer of AutoMaid disk spindown.
- Dataram updates XcelaSAN with high-availability; and more SMB storage news
Check out this week?s latest SMB data storage news.
- Parker Hannifin streamlines sales and operations planning with Logility Voyager
Motion and control tech manufacturer Parker Hannifin needed to improve its S&OP and rein in its global operations. The company?s deployment of Logility Voyager Solutions 8.0 has helped.
- The effects of PCI DSS, compliance requirements on the security industry
Paul Judge of Barracuda Networks and Joshua Corman of the 451 Group discuss whether compliance hinders the creation of innovative security technologies.