Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 10, 2011
- SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 releases to tackle ?big data? issues
SAP has issued 4.0 releases of its business intelligence (BI) and enterprise information management (EIM) solutions under SAP BusinessObjects portfolio.
- Multiple Google Chrome vulnerabilities reported by Secunia
Secunia finds security vulnerabilities in Google?s Chrome browser that have been rated as highly critical.
- Federated identity management urgently needed in the cloud
Federated identity management groups and vendors toss up standards and solutions, as enterprises attempt to wrest control of user access to cloud-based applications.
- SAP to release slate of in-memory applications
SAP outlined plans to release five more in-memory applications that will run on HANA, its new in-memory appliance.
- VMware partners hit the road; HP's Adrian Jones disappears: Top blogs for February
VMware Partner Exchange news and speculation re: Adrian Jones' post-HP destination kept Channel Marker readers clicking in February.
- Video conferencing interoperability concerns deepen as desktop video rises
Desktop video conferencing deployments are expected to rise, intensifying concerns around video conferencing interoperability and integration for UC pros at Enterprise Connect.
- Users flock away from Oracle Sun enterprise server hardware
Oracle has seen big drops in server revenue and shipments in the past year, and end users list several reasons why they?re migrating to competitors.
- Five tips to help you develop a successful analytical MDM program
Experts and technology professionals provide five keys to a successful analytical MDM project.
- Secure remote access enables virtual desktops, mobility
St. Richard?s Catholic College in East Sussex implemented a secure remote access solution to allow mobile access to network resources while maintaining network security, and to roll out virtual desktop learning tools.
- Deciding if a cloud ECM system meets your needs: tips and advice
Find out what you should look at in assessing whether a cloud-based enterprise content management system is right for your organization and whether cloud ECM fits your IT strategy.
- VMware launches VMware View software for Apple iPad
VMware View software is now available for Apple?s iPad to give users access to their Windows desktops, applications and data; plus more news in brief.
- Microsoft incrementally upgrades its virtual desktop line
Microsoft's virtual desktop line got a mini refresh. There is management integration for MED-V and Package Accelerators for App-V 4.6. Thin PC also got a status update.
- Manufacturing social media software: Where it makes sense
While social networking has become a part of daily life for many people, manufacturing organizations have been slow to add social media to their businesses.
- SpyEye toolkit owners wage battle with white hat website
The non-profit white hat website, abuse.ch, attempts to detect and list malicious IP addresses hosting botnet command-and-control servers. But its success has put it in the crosshairs of cybercriminals.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- NetApp buys LSI's Engenio for high-performance block storage
NetApp expands its storage platform by paying $480 million for LSI's Engenio Fibre Channel block storage division. Wants to reach new set of customers with intense block-based storage needs.