Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, March 14, 2011
- NAS storage systems Quality Awards: EMC and IBM take top spots
Take a closer look at the results of the fifth NAS system Quality Awards. Find out why NAS storage systems are so reliable and why users ranked them so high.
- Isilon mining for local CTO
EMC?s new scale-out NAS Division has plans to target Australia?s resources sector
- Requirements in Scrum environments: Q&A with Dean Leffingwell, part 2
Dean Leffingwell, author of Agile Software Requirements ? Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise, believes that Scrum will continue to grow in popularity and become the organizational Agile methodology of choice. In this second part of a two-part interview, Leffingwell answers questions about the requirements process, user stories and role definitions in a Scrum environment.
- Encrypted memory sticks could cure user carelessness
As the price of USB pen drives decreases, so does the inherent value employees attach to them. Two recent studies show that users have very little security awareness when it comes to memory sticks.
- Data dedupe software comes of age
Dedupe appliances were the big dog for a long time, but software-based products have come on strong more recently, offering many useful capabilities, often at a lower cost than an appliance.
- Retooling HIPAA business associate agreements for updated rules
What should hospitals be adding to HIPAA business associate agreements in the light of the HITECH Act mandates about to go into effect? A recent AHIMA event offered much advice.
- Best-practices advice for an ECM cloud computing deployment
Get tips on how to manage the development and rollout of a cloud-based enterprise content management system, to help your organization succeed on an ECM cloud computing project.
- Two-tier ERP a growing trend among SAP shops, report says
Companies running SAP ERP at the corporate level that are considering running a second ERP instance at the subsidiary level are not alone, according to a new report.
- Is cloud computing the carriers' to lose?
Carriers want cloud business. And when it comes to choosing a service provider, they could be a natural choice for enterprise customers.
- Agile requirements: A conversation with author Dean Leffingwell, part 1
Requirements management has been said to be the most challenging part of software development. In Agile environments, changes in requirements are expected and embraced. But doesn?t this wreak havoc with a schedule? Dean Leffingwell, author of Agile Software Requirements ? Lean Requirements Practices for Teams, Programs, and the Enterprise, answers this and other questions in this first part of a two-part interview with SSQ site editor Yvette Francino.
- What not to do on an analytical MDM project: Five mistakes to avoid
Analytical MDM initiatives can go horribly wrong, thanks to some common missteps. Get expert advice on mistakes to avoid when designing and implementing an analytical MDM project.
- Deciding if a cloud ECM system meets your needs: tips and advice
Find out what you should look at in assessing whether a cloud-based enterprise content management system is right for your organization and whether cloud ECM fits your IT strategy.
- Industry groups, businesses attempt security awareness training plan
Security training and education is one of the first investments made by an organizations after poor audit results or a data breach, experts say.
- Ongoing attacks target new Adobe Flash Player zero-day flaw
A critical vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player is being targeted in attacks using Microsoft Excel files embedded with malicious Flash files.