Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- HP VARs wary of Apotheker's cloud vision
Hewlett-Packard plans public cloud infrastructure, app store, but partner role unclear.
- Ongoing attacks target new Adobe Flash Player zero-day flaw
A critical vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player is being targeted in attacks using Microsoft Excel files embedded with malicious Flash files.
- Systems management in the virtual age: Out with the old
If you could start over, would you manage your data center with software from the Big Four? In the era of cloud and virtualization, many IT pros say no way.
- BitDefender version 3.5 announced for business security products
Brief: BitDefender, which has 1,000 channel partners worldwide, has released a new version of its antivirus products for business customers.
- SAP CRM initiative starts with measuring the customer experience
A CRM initiative that spanned several years for one manufacturer started with a comprehensive assessment of the customer experience and continues with an ?innovation team.?
- What not to do on an analytical MDM project: Five mistakes to avoid
Analytical MDM initiatives can go horribly wrong, thanks to some common missteps. Get expert advice on mistakes to avoid when designing and implementing an analytical MDM project.
- Gartner identifies 4 data center architecture trends
Leaner, energy efficient data centers architectures, complemented by cloud services will be the order of the future, according to the IT analyst firm.
- APC ties data center management tool into VMware: News in brief
APC?s InfraStruxure 6.2 now correlates location of VMware VMs back to their physical hosts; and SIOS is promoting SteelEye Protection Suite for marooned HP Serviceguard shops.
- Who should own enterprise search software projects? Not an easy call
Who should take the lead on enterprise search software deployments -- IT or business departments? Get advice on that topic and read about other enterprise search best practices.
- The IPv6 transition: How to ensure cybersecurity
With the pressure on federal IT managers to make the transition to IPv6, security experts advise the you shouldn't neglect the security lessons learned from IPv4's long run.
- Intel-McAfee combo to bake security into smartphones, embedded devices
In a strategy briefing to the investors, McAfee president Dave DeWalt outlined the company's vision to bake security into silicon and probe deeper into embedded devices and mobile platforms.
- Auditors choose encryption over tokenization for data security, survey finds
A Ponemon Institute survey of more than 500 auditors finds most prefer data encryption over tokenization to protect sensitive data.
- Seagate delivers enterprise solid-state drives with SLC and MLC flash
Seagate gets into enterprise solid-state drives (SSDs) space with its Pulsar family of single-layer cell (SLC) and multi-layer cell (MLC) NAND flash devices; also brings out SAS/FC performance and SAS/SATA capacity hard drives.
- Avere adds global namespace to NAS accelerator appliances
Global namespace in the Avere Operating System 2.0 for its FXT Series lets customers facilitate end-to-end management of unstructured data across NAS filers
- Cloud file storage pros and cons
Discover advantages and disadvantages of cloud file storage, what vendors are in the market, and what environments work well with file storage in the cloud.