Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 17, 2011
- From the Editors: Analytical MDM sets up enterprise MDM, but plan well
An analytical master data management project can be a great way to start an enterprise MDM program, but with certain conditions. Get tips for starting an analytical MDM project at your company.
- Virtualization management tools: Navigating the muddy waters
As virtualization management becomes more complicated, choosing management tools gets tougher. Hypervisor vendors and third-party ISVs all offer their own management solutions.
- Moving beyond EHR systems, execs see value in further IT investments
To get the most out of EHR systems and to meet meaningful use requirements, health IT executives increasingly are turning to investments in security, analytics and storage.
- ISP simplifies acquisition consolidation with network discovery tool
A wholesale ISP that has grown by acquisition has deployed a network discovery tool to simplify network mapping for its hodgepodge of inherited network devices.
- Software-based video conferencing on standard gear yields flexibility
A software-based video conferencing deployment has given one enterprise more flexibility and enabled it to use industry standard hardware and third-party applications.
- VMware VCDX hopefuls yearn for scoring transparency
Some who have gone through the battery of testing required for VMware?s most coveted and competitive certification, VMware Certified Design Expert, say the process is too subjective.
- Getting started on building a real-time BI system: issues to consider
Real-time business intelligence can speed up and improve decision making. But it isn?t right for everyone. Find out what you should consider before building a real-time BI system.
- New regulations, e-discovery software demand driving market behavior
The e-discovery software market is growing due to more stringent governance, risk management and compliance regulations -- a trend that?s driving the creation of smarter solutions.
- VMware pitches alternative to Microsoft Exchange 2010 DAGs
VMware says its HA capability for virtual machines combined with Symantec?s AppHA allows users to make an end-run around Microsoft support policies.
- IBM discusses plans for the Watson supercomputer, predictive analytics
IBM honcho Deepak Advani talks about the SPSS acquisition, predictive analytics and the future of the Watson supercomputer.
- Analytical MDM is just one piece of the data management puzzle
Data management expert Andy Hayler deciphers the complex relationships between analytical MDM, enterprise MDM, data governance and data warehousing.
- Two IT pros show how VDI can change the desktop management game
Two college CIOs explain that when used in the right situations, and with proper planning, VDI does deliver on its promise of easier management, flexibility and efficiency.
- John Hancock Financial Services' CIO on why IT finance matters
John Hancock Financial Services' CIO spent his first 15 months there hunkered down with the ledger. Here he explains why managing IT finance matters and how it's about to change.
- Best-practices advice for an ECM cloud computing deployment
Get tips on how to manage the development and rollout of a cloud-based enterprise content management system, to help your organization succeed on an ECM cloud computing project.
- Information security podcasts
Download these weekly information security podcasts covering the top news and issues enterprise infosec pros care about to your PC or favorite mp3 player.
- RSA breached in APT attack; SecureID info stolen
Company warns customers that SecurID product data was stolen in sophisticated attack.
- Virtual server tutorial: Managing a server virtualization environment
This virtual server tutorial evaluates network storage options for virtual servers, describes the VMware vStorage APIs and discusses VMware virtual servers.
- Network storage options for virtual servers depend on needs, skill set
Network storage options for virtual servers vary based on existing systems, skill set and budgets; Fibre Channel (FC) and iSCSI SANs, NAS can all work well.
A dangerous vulnerability affecting the BlackBerry browser can be used to gain access to sensitive data or steal the phone's contact list and image database.
- VMware vStorage APIs draw more support from storage vendors
VMware vStorage APIs draw continued support from storage vendors seeking tight integration between arrays and vSphere to improve performance and scalability
- VMware virtual servers offer advanced shared storage options
Discover why VMware virtual servers offer more advanced options, including new APIs, for shared storage systems than Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer.