Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 24, 2011
- IT disaster recovery plans should focus on power and hardware failures
Experts say IT disaster recovery plans should focus on the top threats to business continuity: power outages, hardware failures and lost communications.
- How three firms moved to Microsoft, Oracle and storage in the cloud
Find out how three IT shops chose cloud computing paths and the common thread between them. Here's a hint: cost played a significant role.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant ranks data warehouse appliance vendors
EMC-Greenplum is the newest "leader" in the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant ranking of data warehouse appliance vendors.
- Microsoft warns of fraudulent digital certificates, issues patch
Nine fraudulent digital certificates issued by Comodo Inc. might be used for spoofing, phishing attacks.
- Aruba's unified network architecture addresses consumerization of IT
Aruba's new unified network management architecture aims to solve the consumerization of IT conundrum. With employee-owned mobile devices flooding the network, Aruba is advocating unified, policy-based, identity-aware network access control across both wired and wireless networks with its new MOVE architecture.
- Column: Lead management increasingly leading to growth
Denis Pombriant explains why he expects lead management to become a major part of companies? CRM plans in the next four years.
- Irvine Consulting Services expands cloud computing service and other disaster recovery news
This week's disaster recovery news in brief: Irvine Consulting Services expands cloud computing service; Nirvanix offers customers in Japan option to move their data and other news.
- AT&T plan to merge networks with T-Mobile faces few technical hurdles
If an AT&T/T-Mobile merger is approved by the FCC, the path to merge networks should face few technical challenges, thanks to a common technology heritage between the two carriers.
- SaaS platform gives Market6 multi-tenancy and identity management
Why build when you can buy? Market6 chose a SaaS platform to transform its single-tenant software into a multi-tenant cloud offering packed with sales support.
- Building a business case for an ECM system deployment: ECM ROI drivers
Find out what you should consider when assessing an enterprise content management system?s potential ROI as part of the process of building an ECM business case.