Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, March 28, 2011
- Storage is key to getting the most from virtualisation
A Forrester survey shows that the benefits of server virtualisation aren?t fully realised unless the proper storage technology is in place; plus more news in brief.
- HP upgrades NonStop with Intel Itanium 9300: News in brief
HP?s fault-tolerant NonStop platform now runs on a quad-core NB5400c Integrity BladeSystem running Intel?s Itanium 9300 processor.
- OSGi updates Java bundling spec as Jigsaw hovers on horizon
Modular OSGi is seen as more for systems programmers than mainstream developers. New resolver hook updates can be complex, and may be difficult for mainstream developers.
- Virtualization market eyes Microsoft SCVMM 2012 beta
Microsoft says it will offer virtualization users a more application-oriented cloud portal than VMware?s vCloud Director; experts say VMware has ?home-court advantage? but should watch its back.
- Survey: More than 60% of SMBs don't use email archiving software
A recent survey says more than 60% of U.S. small businesses don't use email archiving software; ProStor announces 200 InfiniVault customers; and more news.
- PCI DSS compliant cloud providers: No PCI panacea
Organizations shouldn't expect a PCI-validated cloud provider to relieve them of their PCI obligations, security experts say.
- Data marts as the basis of a data warehouse: Can this structure work?
There is a case to be made for management to process and react to data slowly, not quickly.
- Hackers use blind SQL injection attack to crack Oracle-Sun, MySQL.com
Attack enabled hackers to gain access to various databases containing account credentials associated with the website.
- Network security audit guidelines: Inside the importance of audit planning
In this SearchSecurity.com mini learning guide you will learn the ins and outs of network security audit guidelines, as well as the importance of audit planning, and how to perform and prepare for an audit.
- Cybercriminals target corporate IP, McAfee survey finds
Organizations are failing to protect corporate trade secrets, despite cybercriminals finding a corporations' proprietary information growing in value.
- Data storage jobs outlook: Specific skills in demand
Listings for data storage jobs increased in 2010, while pay decreased or remained flat; experts say hiring taking longer as firms wait to find the right fit