Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 31, 2011
- HP oufits new data centre with 10,000 network sensors
HP?s new data centre includes electricity, air-temperature and water-temperature sensors; plus more news in brief.
- Create composite applications with Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 includes some valuable yet largely underhyped technology for creating composite applications, according to speakers at a recent AIIM user group meeting.
- Cloud services beg for nimbler management
As IT shops feel an increasing need to rid themselves of daily systems management, the hunger for cloud services that handle automation and scheduling continues to grow.
- Service providers must optimize IPv6 performance for service parity
There isn't anything inherent to IPv6 that makes its transport slower than IPv4. But the reality of IPv6 performance for service providers is more complicated than that.
- Telepresence recording gets smarter with searchable video, auto-tags
Who wants to sit through a 90-minute telepresence recording when only a fraction of it is relevant? In response, vendors are adding ways to search and tag content.
- Multihop FCoE highlights Cisco's data center network product blitz
Multihop FCoE highlighted a laundry list of new Cisco data center network products, inching the market closer to data center network convergence from the edge to the core.
- Agile BI development methodology taking hold in BI project teams
A growing number of organizations are using agile development techniques to accelerate business intelligence projects. Find out why, and get advice on implementing agile BI.
- Gartner: Social, mobile and analytics to push CRM through 2015
Rapid changes in mobile and social computing and the data explosion are challenges for customer relationships. Gartner predicts how they will affect the market through 2015.
- Why?s the Nexus 1000V the only third-party distributed virtual switch?
Nearly three years after its debut, the Cisco Nexus 1000V is still the only third-party distributed virtual switch for VMware.
- BSNL cloud gets Uptime Institute?s tier 3 design certification
The BSNL cloud being built by Datacraft is made of up six data centers?five of these have now been tier 3 design certified by the Uptime Institute.
- Nationwide Mutual Insurance saves $2 million through lean operations
In an era of built-out IT infrastructures -- when innovation of owned technology is the rule -- lean operations can cut costs, as they did at Nationwide Mutual Insurance.
- VMware issues patch for privilege escalation bug
Virtualization player VMware has issued patches to address a privilege escalation bug in several of its products on the Linux platform.
- Oil company uses WAN optimisation technology to control network traffic
Independent oil and gas exploration and production company Tullow Oil has implemented WAN management technology. Tullow?s CIO, Andrew Marks explains issues his company faced, and how WAN management technology was the answer.
- MDM, SOA, cloud computing connect data with enterprise architecture
Industry experts say that service-oriented architecture (SOA) and master data management (MDM) are hand-in-glove concepts. Cloud computing, meanwhile, may cover both bases.
- CIOs find alternative funds for startup growth in vendor financing
Midmarket companies are feeling the soft economy when acquiring growth capital, and vendor financing is ready to step in. Are you ready to put others? money where your mouth is?