Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
- Microsoft outlines cloud ERP "framework" for discrete manufacturers
But DIRA Framework is really nothing new--and advocates say that?s the point.
- Finding the ROI in contact center self-service initiatives
Beyond just helping to find cost savings, companies can use contact center metrics to determine ROI from their self-service initiatives. Learn which two metrics are most important and how you can use these metrics for stakeholder approval.
- With Xeon E7, Intel pushes into vulnerable Unix turf
Intel partners are readying RISC killers based on the new Xeon E7, but as usual, x86 servers won?t win out overnight.
- Massive Epsilon email breach could lead to email attacks, spam
At least 50 banks, retailers and other firms are affected by a major email breach at a Texas-based data management firm that provided marketing email services.
- Creating a business case for ECM puts priority on organizational needs
Before evaluating enterprise content management software, be sure to assess business requirements and build them into your business case, users and analysts say.
- Device choices make mobile workforce management decisions primary
The decision to deploy devices to support a mobile workforce is an easy one, but choosing which devices and platforms to deploy is not as easy.
- Indian BI technology market to grow by 16% in 2011: Gartner
The Indian BI technology market in 2011 will see a 16% growth over 2010. Read more about the latest BI technology market trends in this Gartner forecast.
- Mobile WAN optimization arrives for enterprise Android tablets
Despite the scarcity of mobile WAN optimization clients for tablets and smartphones, WAN managers must still ensure reliable, high-performance connectivity for users.
- Office 365 will change your job, not kill it
Rather than dread the emergence of cloud computing, such as Microsoft?s still-in-beta Office 365, IT managers should learn new skills to complement these services.
- Do SAP customers really need in-memory Strategic Workforce Planning?
Amid all the fanfare surrounding SAP?s in-memory technology, some analysts and consultants are wondering if the first application built on the technology is worth the hype.
- Amplidata launches object storage system; plus, data dedupe solves remote backup problems
Headlines: Amplidata offers object-based system that uses erasure codes to eliminate need for RAID; Riverbed expands Whitewater cloud support; SGI adds SSD to server; and more.
- Exadata, Exalogic, and Oracle?s move into the converged cloud
Can Oracle effectively deliver a cloud platform with their Exadata and Exalogic server appliance products?
- VMware vSphere 5 details leaked
Details of VMware's forthcoming vSphere release have leaked. These VMware vSphere 5 details include information about new storage, networking and availability features.
- The top ten enterprise information management mistakes to avoid
Renowned enterprise information management (EIM) expert David Marco explains the top 10 mistakes to avoid when implementing and maintaining an EIM program.
- Startup devises distributed SAN built on DAS for fast clouds
An Australian cloud computing startup, OrionVM, has designed its own cloud storage systems that it says are a fraction of the cost of arrays, yet perform faster and make cloud computing a better proposition for large-scale web applications.
- IBM to battle Amazon in the public cloud
Big Blue takes aim at Amazon Web Services with the Smart Business Cloud - Enterprise, a true general purpose Infrastructure as a Service. And it's priced to compete.
- Data storage jobs outlook: Specific skills in demand
Listings for data storage jobs increased in 2010, while pay decreased or remained flat; experts say hiring taking longer as firms wait to find the right fit
- Mezeo upgrades cloud storage software; more SNW Spring 2011 news
Mezeo updates its storage cloud software; StorSimple, Zetta enhance cloud storage products; Marvell reveals Marvell DragonFly VSA; more SNW Spring 2011 news
- Dell hopes Microsoft, VMware can make its cloud strategy fly
Can Dell become a major cloud player? The hardware giant plans to launch a VMware-powered cloud to court enterprise shops.
- Eye on: PCI DSS compliance
SearchSecurity.com's new "Eye on" series examines a security topic each month. In March, the series explores the role PCI DSS has played in shaping the security industry.