Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 7, 2011
- iPad management: Securing iPads in a regulated world
When the sales department started using iPads, the IT security manager was tasked with locking them down. Learn how one infosec pro took charge of iPad security.
- In the wake of Vanguard's enterprise 2.0 effort, deep cultural changes
Vanguard's Abha Kumar realized an ambitious enterprise 2.0 project in three years by tapping into a corporate blueprint predicated on high-performing employees.
- Desktop video conferencing brings users to content, not vice versa
Video conferencing rooms were too rigid for one university to connect with scientists in Panama. Desktop video conferencing over Wi-Fi offered flexibility and independence.
- API aims to hit clinical software with disruptive innovation
Funded by an ONC grant, the SMART initiative is building an API to connect EHR systems to all types of clinical software. A developers' contest is raising awareness.
- Leo?s HP cloud plans, Cuban?s home VAR message lead March stories
The top five SearchITChannel.com news stories for March 2011 included HP?s evolving cloud strategy and whether its TouchPad can give the iPad a run for its money.
- SIP trunking services growth a bust for ILECs, a boom for other telcos
SIP trunking services revenue more than doubled over the past year. ILECs see the growth as cannibalized revenue but some SIP trunking service providers see opportunity.
- How Mozy fits into VMware's VDI and cloud strategy
VMware's acquisition of the Mozy cloud-based desktop backup platform makes little sense for its server business but perfect sense for its desktop and cloud strategies.
- Dell vStart bundle draws VAR interest
Combo platter of Dell server, EqualLogic storage and VMware could best Vblock in the midmarket.
- Copper-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet is arriving, but not on 10GBase-T
Forget the predictions that copper-based 10 Gigabit Ethernet would run on 10Gbase-T. Copper-based Ethernet is here, but SFP Direct Attach maybe the cabling of choice.
- Dell proposes vStart for fast VMware build outs
Think of Dell vStart as a much smaller version of VCE's Vblock. These pre-configured bundles come complete with servers, storage, networking and virtualization software.
- With business case in place, ECM project management takes center stage
Get advice on project management dos and don?ts for deploying an enterprise content management system that can deliver on the promises of an approved ECM business case.
- Common missteps to avoid in creating an advanced data analysis process
The biggest impediments to successful advanced analytics projects include poor data quality, a lack of the right data analysis skills and organizational shortcomings.