Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 8, 2011
- Oracle Sun enterprise server hardware guide
Knowing what hardware works best for your Oracle databases, middleware and applications is key to optimizing performance. This Oracle Sun enterprise server hardware guide should help you on your way.
- Oracle Exalogic server guide
Oracle Exalogic is the company's "cloud in a box." This guide gives all the details you need to know on Exalogic, including a breakdown from one of its VPs, hardware specs, news stories on the product and opinions on how it works.
- Japan?s woes underscore need for supply chain risk management, experts say
Disaster provides stark reminder that supply chains can respond to almost any disruption if they are agile and flexible.
- After breach at RSA, two-factor authentication options abound
Companies specialising in two-factor authentication hope to boost business following the breach of RSA's SecurID, and many plan to capitalise with new products at Infosecurity Europe.
- Oracle Exadata server guide
Read everything you want to know about Oracle Exadata: specs, news stories, opinion columns, and videos from customers.
- VMware hires former deputy director of UK government?s cloud computing
VMware hires the former deputy director of the UK government?s cloud computing initiative; plus more news in brief.
- Virtualization security plan: Replacing physical separation
The New Mexico Human Services Department implemented a virtualization security plan that ensures security of core applications running on virtual machines.
- IBM taking on Amazon? Or just taking over?
A week ago, IBM's cloud strategy seemed a bit scattered. But after throwing its impressive weight behind a homegrown public cloud service, Big Blue should find itself leading the cloud market.
- Dataram doubles memory on SAN caching appliance; more data storage news
Dataram doubles cache memory on its XcelaSAN appliance; Iomega adds video management from Axis; NEC adds STEC ZeusIOPS solid-state drives; Axxana supports Vblock with DR box.
- Power 7 gives Cosmos Bank threefold performance bump
Cosmos Bank consolidated 12 of its servers onto three IBM Power 7 series machines, and saw end-day-process completion time plummet from hours to minutes.
- In SAP Workflow, experts say simple works best
Although every company has its own way of doing things, companies are best served by beginning with ?out-of-the-box? financial workflows and avoiding changes to code whenever possible.
- Epsilon breach shows lack of email regulations, consumer protection
The Epsilon data breach may have exposed thousands of customer email addresses to cybercriminals, highlighting the lack of corporate email security to protect consumers.