Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, April 11, 2011
- British Army?s data quality initiative opens new intelligence vista
The Army?s data quality programme improved cost control, manpower planning and laid the basis for better business intelligence. One strong lesson: business should own the problem.
- IBM to battle Amazon in the public cloud
Big Blue takes aim at Amazon Web Services with the Smart Business Cloud - Enterprise, a true general purpose Infrastructure as a Service. And it's priced to compete.
- Corporate-wide customer analytics strategy doesn?t start with data, tools
Analytics technology buyers often focus on their in-house data and tools, but that?s really not where companies should begin, according to Gartner.
- Microsoft cloud ERP roadmap rolled out at Convergence
With the next major release of each of its ERP products, Microsoft will offer a cloud-based option, the company announced today.
- DLP opportunities seen in compliance push
VARs: There's money to be made in preaching DLP best practices as well as product sales.
- Implementing SAP Solution Manager: perception versus reality
Although organizations often have trouble seeing the benefit of implementing Solution Manager, they can find value from it if they take the right approach.
- Adobe warns of Flash Player zero-day exploit via Word document
Cybercriminals are actively targeting a Flash zero-day vulnerability that could cause a crash and enable an attacker to gain complete control of an affected system.
- EMC Isilon, DataDirect Networks launch clustered NAS for big data
EMC Isilon upgrades its performance and capacity NAS platforms and operating system, while DataDirect Networks jumps into the enterprise NAS market with NAS Scaler.
- VMware vSphere 5 storage management features pique interest
Expected advances to Storage DRS and policy-driven storage delivery in VMware vSphere 5 have turned heads among virtualization pros. But the devil?s in the details.
- Microsoft and Dell team up on virtualization management
Virtualization news in brief: Microsoft Corp. and Dell Inc. announce three-year partnership; Axxana backs up Vblock; and AFGE picks TwinStrata for virtual backup
- Infosecurity Europe 2011 preview: APT, mobile security at fore
From mobile security to advanced persistent threats and infosec budgets, keynotes at this year's Infosecurity Europe conference will address some of the most pressing issues in IT security.
- Cisco requires partners to gain Cisco architecture specialization
Cisco partners have received a deadline to gain new Cisco architecture specializations focusing on collaboration, data center and Borderless Networks.
- Wise advice: When diving into business intelligence projects, start small
In this Q&A, independent analyst Lyndsay Wise sheds light on how businesses can successfully implement business intelligence projects.
- Microsoft to patch 64 vulnerabilities in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer
The software giant will release a record number of patches April 12.