Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Adobe warns of Flash Player zero-day exploit via Word document
Cybercriminals are actively targeting a Flash zero-day vulnerability that could cause a crash and enable an attacker to gain complete control of an affected system.
- Microsoft fixes serious Internet Explorer, SMB flaws in record Patch Tuesday
Microsoft?s 17 bulletins repair a record 64 vulnerabilities, including four Internet Explorer flaws and several Server Message Block errors.
- The Wendy?s Arby?s merger and Oracle E-Business Suite
When Arby?s merged with Wendy?s, the two realized it would take longer to merge their application infrastructures than to flip a burger or put Horsey Sauce on your roast beef.
- Quest introduces Backup Reporter for Oracle backup and other news
This week?s backup and recovery news in brief: Quest Software introduces Backup Reporter for Oracle, Nirvanix Cloud Storage Network now integrated with DIVASolutions; and more.
- Chief analytics officer (CAO): The seat of wisdom?
The CIO embodied the bridge between IT and business. Will the chief analytics officer (CAO) become the omnipresent vanguard of all information in the enterprise?
- A culture of innovation begins with line-of-business and IT teamwork
IT executives create a culture of innovation by focusing on information before technology, and fostering line-of-business and IT teamwork.
- Laptop data backup gets attention from i365, CommVault
The laptop data backup market heats up: Seagate?s i365 addresses cloud-based backup for laptops while CommVault adds endpoint backup features to its Simpana backup software.
- Despite lingering skepticism, Oracle soldiers on with MySQL
Oracle has announced a MySQL 5.6 development release and continues to proclaim its dedication to the open source database platform, despite ongoing skepticism.
- Opswat cert helps security vendors show network interoperability
Opswat has revised its certification program for security vendors to prove their applications? interoperability with popular network management products.
- Testing firm finds network firewall failures, vulnerabilities
NSS Labs Inc., an independent testing firm, has found that some firewalls are failing stability tests and contain a flaw that enables attackers to easily bypass them.
- Quantum adds data verification for tape with StorNext archiving software
Quantum is following Spectra Logic?s lead by adding data verification for data stored on tape for long-term archiving.
- IBM highlights services, business processes and cloud computing at Impact 2011
The workhorse WebSphere middleware platform gained several significant updates at this year's IBM's Impact event. These include a Workload Deployer for the cloud, an updated Integration Designer, a new Datapower XML gateway and more.
- Teradata data warehouse joins SSD technology to HDDs, virtual storage
At Teradata Universe in Barcelona, the company announced the Active EDW 6680, a data warehouse system that mixes SSD technology, hard disks and storage virtualization software.
- SOA testing comes of age
Testing and performance change greatly when a corporation moves to SOA. Developers are starting to work through the challenges of SOA testing and identify best SOA test practices.