Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
- Supply chain analytics offers cost, revenue advantages
Supply chain analytics and BI could soon transform planning and execution, thanks to cloud-based mobile analytics and real-time data, experts say.
- With CenturyLink-Qwest merger done, No. 3 telco targets AT&T and Verizon
CenturyLink tells SearchTelecom.com how the completion of the CenturyLink-Qwest merger has made the combined company more competitive in selling IT services.
- Data governance best practices revealed at Enterprise Data World 2011
The data governance best practices panel at Enterprise Data World 2011 offered some helpful tips on how to quantify the value of data governance programs.
- We'll be everything to every cloud, says IBM
As a cautious tolerance for cloud computing spreads among IT shops, IBM's validation and new suite of services may drive cloud into the enterprise.
- Free Web conferencing can save big -- but at what cost?
Sometimes the best things in life are free -- but is that really the case when it comes to free Web conferencing? We investigate the true cost of free Web tools.
- Cisco ASA firewall advice: Using ASA 8.4 for stateful failover in DRP
In his series offering Cisco ASA firewall advice, Fast Packet blogger Brandon Carroll explains the new Cisco ASA 8.4 feature, Stateful Failover with Dynamic Routing Protocols.
- EMC Isilon, DataDirect Networks launch clustered NAS for big data
Headlines: EMC Isilon upgrades its performance and capacity NAS platforms and operating system, while DataDirect Networks jumps into the enterprise NAS market with NAS Scaler.
- Mobile WAN optimization allows AutoCAD users to work from home
An interior design firm deployed mobile WAN optimization to ensure its power users don't saturate VPN tunnels and make the WAN unusable for everyone who wasn't using AutoCAD.
- Data storage administrators weigh cloud storage options carefully
Storage administrators see cloud storage as a useful tool for certain types of data; look to figure out whether private, public or hybrid cloud is their best option
- Thorough contact center training improves customer satisfaction
To ensure a seamless customer experience, it?s important to ensure agents are properly trained across channels. Consistency in policies and staff training is vital.
- Cognos BI software at crossroads of technology, hospital readmissions
A Texas-based primary care medical practice uses Cognos BI software to crack down on unnecessary hospital readmissions.
- From the Editors: Database consolidation and standardization 101
If you?re thinking about embarking on a database consolidation project or a database standardization project, make sure you know the technical, cultural and skill-set issues that can arise.
- CIO brings innovation to business process outsourcing
As part of SearchCIO.com's CIO Innovator Profile series, Maximus Canada CIO Joel Levinson discusses innovation and business process outsourcing.
- Indian data center networking budgets focus on virtualization in 2011
Growing implementation of server virtualization in India boosts demand for data center networking products in 2011-?12, as per SearchDataCenter.in survey.
- A culture of innovation begins with line-of-business and IT teamwork
IT executives create a culture of innovation by focusing on information before technology, and fostering line-of-business and IT teamwork.
- Five goals for implementing Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
Selecting the right approach and handling change management are two of the five important topics when installing Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA), according to one BI consultant.