Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 14, 2011
- Data governance best practices revealed at Enterprise Data World 2011
The data governance best practices panel at Enterprise Data World 2011 offered some helpful tips on how to quantify the value of data governance programs.
- Cloud-based project management service gets projects off the ground
Companies looking for lightweight, low-overhead project management software are turning their attention skyward, to the cloud.
- Is the economic rebound leading to SAP spending?
After spending as little as possible during the recent economic recession, some companies are looking to start spending on technology again, according to experts.
- Dell adds clustered NAS to PowerVault for 'unified' storage
Dell begins integration of its Exanet clustered NAS technology with its PowerVault SMB product?but does the NAS-iSCSI offering qualify as unified storage?
- Network path analysis aids firewall management, troubleshooting
Athena PathFinder's network path analysis capabilities can show how firewall, router and switch configurations affect packet flow through a network.
- RSA readies changes to SecurID delivery processes in wake of APT attack
Some say new protections in the SecurID manufacturing and shipping processes may be an effort to mitigate the loss of secret keys used to generate one-time passwords.
- SUSE Linux shops await Novell deal completion, clarity
Worries over Oracle, Apple patent participation in the Novell sale to Attachmate and CPTN Holdings have SUSE Linux shops and open source advocates spooked.
- Kerry, McCain's proposed online privacy legislation divides industry
Two big-name senators have proposed online privacy legislation called the Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights. Some IT organizations fear it will hurt business if enacted.
- Process data management demystified at Enterprise Data World 2011
Forrester Research Inc. analyst Rob Karel explains the need for greater alignment between business process management and data management efforts.
- UC managers: Unified messaging services 1st priority for mobile users
Despite the hype around mobile UC, most UC managers say mobile users need just basic unified messaging services on their smartphones, according to a recent survey.
- Oracle Fusion Applications goes live, but are customers ready for it?
After six years in development, Oracle Fusion Applications is actually running live in customers? production environments. But is it ready for prime time?
- Blackpool Council revives town with indoor and outdoor wireless LAN
The Blackpool Council has implemented an indoor and outdoor wireless LAN with a security strategy that enables secure VPN access for employees and guest access for tourists.
- HP BladeSystem improves with Egenera deal
With Egenera PAN Manager software, HP shops can automatically re-provision blades upon hardware failure, but the Virtual Connect prerequisite is a sticking point.
- Weighing the need for an information governance framework: key issues
There are many potential business drivers for information governance ? and no lack of challenges to take into account when considering an information governance program.