Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 15, 2011
- Is Cisco in trouble?
Cisco has been the leading supplier of network equipment to enterprises for some time. But they are now facing many challenges and resurgent compeitition.
- Storage News roundup: Australia?s Moonwalk signs with Dell, Quantum?s new people and products
Australian tiering vendor Moonwalk has had a big win with Dell.
- KVM reignites Type 1 vs. Type 2 hypervisor debate
An IBM distinguished engineer says there are major misconceptions about whether KVM is a Type 1 or Type 2 hypervisor. IT pros, meanwhile, worry about support and compatibility.
- SAP sales order management a behemoth that works, analysts say
SAP?s strategy of offering customers an end-to-end sales order management system gets high marks, according to analysts.
- VMware launches PaaS offering Cloud Foundry: News in brief
McAfee taps Reflex for virtual security; NTT America builds vCloud; BlueCat IPAM supports Hyper-V; Decision Lens deploys NetEx virtual appliance and other news in brief.
- IBM adds to Power7 lineup: News in brief
IBM Power servers and blades benefitted from new Power7 processors, and other data center news.
- Teradata: Hands off Aster's 'Big Data' analytics system ? for now
At the Teradata Universe conference in Spain, a Teradata executive said the company will keep Aster Data?s analytical database and its upgrade plans as is "for the time being."
- Ensuring dependable manufacturing data for BI analytics
Effective business intelligence systems need a steady diet of clean, up-to-date, and reliable information.
- RSA readies changes to SecurID delivery processes in wake of APT attack
Some say new protections in the SecurID manufacturing and shipping processes may be an effort to mitigate the loss of secret keys used to generate one-time passwords.
- Weighing the need for an information governance framework: key issues
There are many potential business drivers for information governance ? and no lack of challenges to take into account when considering an information governance program.
- VCE partner program modifications tackle channel conflict, deal reg problems
The Virtual Computing Environment Company introduces streamlined deal-registration and purchase-order systems to boost Vblock sales in the channel.
- NetApp resells Quantum StorNext file archiving; more data storage news
NetApp will sell StorNext for video and rich media archiving; American Megatrends adds iSCSI SAN appliance; Intel and Micron develop multi-level cell (MLC) solid-state drives.
- Oracle to release patches for 73 vulnerabilities in major update
Announces bug-fixes for vulnerabilities across its product range; includes PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Sun lineup.
- What does VMware Cloud Foundry mean for the enterprise?
VMware's Cloud Foundry adds yet another option to the crowded cloud development market. Will this new Platform as a Service catch on in the enterprise?