Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 22, 2011
- A really bad week for Google and Amazon
Google is in big trouble with the LAPD and Amazon Web Services customers are none too happy with their cloud company after both suffered service failures.
- IT shops need direction from Microsoft on reaching cloud
Microsoft has released its first public beta of Office 365, a key piece of its cloud computing strategy. But IT shops wonder how they transition their earth-bound applications.
- SAP data archiving an essential part of SAP operations, Gartner says
Today?s push for better performance and a smaller, nimbler infrastructure is forcing SAP shops to address the need for data archiving projects, according to Gartner.
- Does unified communications require special WAN monitoring tools?
Standard WAN monitoring tools don't give ample visibility into unified communications traffic, forcing WAN managers to put their trust in QoS and wait until something breaks.
- Supply chain data management essential for "sense and respond" analytics
Experts say manufacturers must build data models that capture all their trading partners' information for supply chain analytics tools to be effective.
- Adobe issues fix for Acrobat, Reader to block ongoing Flash attacks
Adobe is fixing a serious vulnerability affecting its Reader and Acrobat products. The update affects current versions of Adobe Reader and Acrobat X for Windows.
- Infosecurity speakers advocate for mobile device security policy
Don't underestimate the importance of a mobile device security policy, agree several CISOs at the 2011 Infosecurity Europe conference.
- Book: Achieving Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata
Rick Greenwald, director of Oracle partner enablement, talks about Achieving Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata ? a new book that he co-wrote.