Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- From the Editors: What we all learned about BI tools in high school
There's a school of thought that business intelligence is akin to the scientific method. Revisit science class and see how BI is helping companies test their business hypotheses.
- Sony PlayStation network down, hacked
The PlayStation Network (PSN) remains down after hackers broke into the network stealing user data from up to 77 million accounts.
- McAfee wants you to Like them, provides anti-virus
Originally kicked off in January 2010 McAfee has extended the AntiVirus Plus Software offer for Facebook users who ?Like? McAfee.
- Cloud backup options gain credibility slowly but surely
Even as Iron Mountain and other vendors nix cloud backup services, the model attracts small businesses.
- SaaS solutions offer more security and soft savings than once thought
SaaS solutions provide better security and greater "soft" savings than was previously thought; but CIOs should heed concerns about vendor viability, integration and support.
- Why should you deploy an IPv6 internal network now?
Oracle's senior network engineer encourages businesses to deploy an IPv6 internal network in tandem with an external one to save companies headaches and extra costs.
- STAREAST: An interview about Test Centers of Excellence with Tom Delmonte
What exactly is a Test Center of Excellence (TCoE) and how do quality organizations go about putting one together? In this interview with STAREAST presenter and quality advocate Tom Delmonte, we find out more about TCoEs and how they can be effective in improving the test efforts of your organization.
- SAP Workflow an underutilized savings source with SAP ERP Financials
SAP Workflow can save companies time and money if implemented correctly. In this tutorial, get an expert overview of SAP Workflow and how it works for key financial processes.
- A crack in the cloud: Why the Amazon outage caught so many by surprise
Was Amazon's recent cloud outage a fatal mismatch of expectations, a poor use of the technology or an epic failure of customer support? Try a little of all three...
- STAREAST: Agile testing success with Janet Gregory
How has Agile testing changed over the past 10 years and what are the most important skills for an Agile tester? These are two of the questions that are explored in this interview between Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory, co-authors of, "Agile Testing -- A Practical Guide for Testers and Agile Teams."
- Can customer experience management software lead to customer satisfaction?
Find out best practices for applying customer experience management (CEM) technology in your contact center.
- Survey finds users reevaluating two-factor authentication options
In the wake of the RSA SecurID breach, a vendor survey finds a reduced level of confidence in the security provided by tokens.
- Removable disk appealing to SMBs, but with caveats
Headlines: A new generation of removable storage media is making inroads in the SMB space?as well as the enterprise space?as an alternative to tape backup.
- VMware aims to topple Windows PCs with Project Horizon, SlideRocket
With its acquisition of SlideRocket and the imminent release of Project Horizon, VMware has the tools to banish Windows desktops to the dustbin of history.