Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 29, 2011
- Telemedicine technology news from ATA conference 2011
Read the latest telemedicine technology news from the American Telemedicine Association's 2011 ATA conference in Tampa, Florida.
- Sony Ericsson selects Oracle Siebel software for marketing operations
Oracle's Fusion Applications were eclipsed for a moment when Sony Ericsson picked Oracle?s Siebel CRM marketing software for a global rollout.
- CompTIA study reveals shift in cloud channel partner role
A recent CompTIA study shows potential shifts in the cloud channel partner role. Analysts and channel partners weigh in on the research findings and future predictions.
- Migration programs appear to aid Office 365 migrations
With Microsoft?s Office 365 now in public beta, software companies have prepared products to help shift enterprises to the new platform. It?s unclear, however, if they can ease all the aches and pains associated with the transition.
- Lawson Software deal fills gaps in Infor?s product line, analyst says
Infor?s acquisition of Lawson brings in applications that fill gaps in the company?s product line. But the long-term implications for Lawson customers are unclear.
- SAP?s McDermott: In-memory technology ?limitless?
SAP co-CEO Bill McDermott talks about the Amazon service outage, the future of in-memory technology, and why he thinks SAP is always a target of acquisition rumors.
- Mellanox launches InfiniBand/Ethernet data center switch, other storage news
Mellanox launches switch with InfiniBand and Ethernet in same chassis; Nirvanix provides data migration between storage clouds; OCZ adds SSD.
- Alcatel-Lucent makes OpenPlug application development tools free
Alcatel-Lucent is offering OpenPlug application development tools to developers free of charge to encourage cross-network applications for smartphones, tablets and other devices.