Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
- Building the business case for an information governance process
It isn?t always easy to sell corporate executives on an information governance program. Read about strategies for demonstrating the business value of information governance.
- STAREAST: Seven ways to beat top software testing challenges and problems
Software testers face different testing challenges based on their specific contexts and experiences. At the STAREAST conference, Lloyd Roden of Grove Consultants described seven software testing challenges and tips on how to overcome them.
- HP-Oracle saga keeps on roiling: Top April 2011 blogs
HP's decision to sue Adrian Jones and the Google-CSC implementation fiasco in Los Angeles kept SearchITChannel.com readers clicking in April.
- Content management services take to the cloud
Decentralized and widespread enterprises are moving content management services to the cloud and reaping the benefits.
- Sony attack: Sony expands scope of its massive data security breach
Sony executives said an attack on its PlayStation Network systems, also exposed the data of 24.6 million users at its Online Entertainment division.
- Security lab, pen testing key to proactive, creative cybersecurity
IT officers at different federal agencies recommend giving "the nerds, the geeks, and the young people" a chance to pen test systems.
- Cloud computing shift evidenced at Red Hat JBoss World in Boston
JBoss Java server provider Red Hat this week disclosed details on its JBoss Enterprise Data Grid 6 at the Red Hat JBoss World event in Boston. There, a general cloud computing push was in evidence.
- Cisco bets on surge of interest in data center containers
If Cisco builds a data center container, will customers come?
- SAP BOBJ EPM 10 introduces new UI, data handling
SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) 10, debuting at SAPPHIRE NOW 2011, offers a consolidated user experience and increased interoperability.
- Using client hypervisors for offline virtual desktops -- and security
Client hypervisors from companies including Citrix, Virtual Computer and VMware help secure desktops, but each vendor has its own set of requirements and restrictions.
- Iomega?s PX Series SMB NAS devices support SSDs, 3 TB drives
Iomega released its PX Series of desktop and rackmount SMB NAS devices with SSD support, swappable drives, trusted domains, and server virtualization platform certification.
- Enterprise Vault data archiving software comes to cloud, social media
Enterprise Vault 10 data archiving software supports social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn; Symantec to offer EnterpriseVault.cloud service for email archiving.
- Phone call scammers on the rise- software to blame?
SCAMwatch, an Australian federal government funded initiative to provide information about how to avoid scams to consumers and small business, has reported phone call scams continue to plague Australians.
- Making the business case for an enterprise data warehouse
The leader of 3M?s manufacturing enterprise data warehouse (EDW) project shows how to do a financial analysis of the supply chain management and manufacturing BI benefits.
- Symantec improves virtual machine backup in Backup Exec 2010
Headlines: At its Symantec Vision user conference, Symantec launches Backup Exec 2010 R3, including a new appliance and hosted cloud backup service, and emphasizes virtual machine backup.
- AWS adds Identity Management
Amazon Web Services has added a new feature to the existing AWS Control Panel, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM). Almost 9 months in development but offered for no extra cost, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) lets you manage users, groups of users, and access permissions for AWS services and resources.
- Oracle licensing for vSphere 4.1 irks VMware pros
Once again, Oracle?s licensing for VMware virtual environments has irked users. This time the roadblock concerns VMware?s latest features, DRS Host Affinity and CPU pinning.