Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, May 5, 2011
- Forrester: SAP service provider market changing fast
A demand for new pricing models and rapid consolidation has brought big changes to the SAP service providers market, according to a new Forrester Research report.
- Microsoft to issue critical Windows bulletin, revamps Exploitability Index
Microsoft will revamp its Exploitability Index this month when it issues Patch Tuesday bulletins addressing flaws in Microsoft Windows and Office PowerPoint.
- How to build an efficient BI data warehouse
The best data warehouses for manufacturers are built on a foundation of clear business goals.
- Oracle BI update adds support for Microsoft, SAP, iPad
Oracle Business Intelligence 22.214.171.124 adds prebuilt integration with SAP Business Warehouse and Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, as well as support for the iPhone and iPad.
- Gartner BI Summit: Business intelligence benefits lie in orchestration
The Gartner Business Intelligence Summit opened with a message to organizations: To reap the rewards of BI, you have to ensure that everyone is playing the same tune.
- Contact center software purchases: It?s strictly business
Contact center managers are shifting the discussion of new software away from the on-premises vs. on-demand debate and evaluating software based on traditional business concerns.
- Acronis Backup & Recovery adds file backup, virtual machine protection
Acronis adds traditional backup features to its Backup & Recovery 11 image restore application, enhancing file backup and virtual machine protection.
- Symantec CEO sounds off on cloud data backup, virtualization, acquisition strategy
Symantec CEO Enrique Salem discusses where hybrid cloud data backup, appliances and virtual environments fit in the future of backup and storage management.
- Maiffret: Configuration changes, attack mitigation can reduce attack surface
A new report produced by noted security researcher Marc Maiffret outlines free steps companies can take to greatly reduce the attack surface.
- At ATA show, telemedicine reimbursement takes center stage
While telemedicine technology quickly marches forward, telemedicine reimbursement lags behind. Leaders do see opportunities in ACOs, Beacon communities and EHR connectivity.
- NASA's IT redo takes off, guided by tools for data center efficiency
Guided by tools for data center efficiency, NASA transforms its IT infrastructure with a holistic view toward standardized offerings and automated self-service from the help desk.
- What happens if your cloud goes away?
Less than three years after purchasing Slicehost, Rackspace is shutting it down. Is this a microcosm of what could happen to your cloud service?
- How to convert IPv4 to IPv6: A network architect?s view
Deciding when and how to convert IPv4 to IPv6, service providers face numerous technical and business issues; find out what matters most in this Q&A.
- Soft PBX adds flexibility to VoIP business continuity strategy
Legacy TDM voice was often too expensive to build into a business continuity strategy. VoIP changed that, and some UC managers find more flexibility in soft PBX platforms.
- Gartner MDM Summit: Office politics continue to hinder MDM initiatives
Convincing business managers to share data is one of the most difficult obstacles on the path to MDM success, according to technology professionals at the Gartner MDM Summit.
- Amazon's EC2 outage clarifies requirements for an enterprise cloud SLA
CIOs should approach the cloud with the same due diligence with which they approach data centers, and negotiate an SLA with a built-in backup strategy for data and services.