Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 6, 2011
- APM staffing issues: A conversation with author Michael J Sydor -- Part 2
How does an organization staff best for application performance management (APM)? In part two of this three-part series, Michael J. Sydor, author of APM best practices: Realizing Application Performance Management, tells us why staffing has the second greatest potential for failure in APM initiatives. He addresses questions about TaaS (Testing-as-a-Service) models for APM and answers question about tooling.
- Making the business case for an enterprise data warehouse
The leader of 3M?s manufacturing enterprise data warehouse (EDW) project shows how to do a financial analysis of the supply chain management and manufacturing BI benefits.
- Data security, privacy prime banking security issues: DSCI-KPMG Study
Indian banks face data security, privacy, and regulatory challenges, reveals DSCI-KPMG banking security survey; channel proliferation a challenge.
- Nominate for DSCI Excellence Awards 2011
DSCI Excellence Awards 2011 for security and privacy have been announced. Nominate yourself/ your organization for DSCI awards that honor excellence in the Indian industry.
- Hybrid cloud model saves university money on a data centre upgrade
Loughborough University implemented a hybrid cloud model and saved money on upgrading its data centre infrastructure, networks and collaborative applications.
- Microsoft to issue critical Windows bulletin, revamps Exploitability Index
Microsoft will revamp its Exploitability Index this month when it issues Patch Tuesday bulletins addressing flaws in Microsoft Windows and Office PowerPoint.
- APM best practices: A conversation with author Michael J. Sydor -- Part 1
Application performance management (APM) is a critical part of application lifecycle management ALM). In part one of this three-part series, Michael J. Sydor, author of APM best practices: Realizing Application Performance Management, describes the scope of APM initiatives and determining ROI for such initiatives.
- Sony announces service restoration, enhanced customer data protection
After a cyberattack put Sony's protection of personal information under a microscope, the company has announced increased security measures and enhanced customer data protection.
- Michael J. Sydor discusses application performance management implementation -- Part 3
Application performance management (APM), an important part of ALM, must continue past development into production. In part three of this three-part series, Michael J. Sydor, author of APM best practices: Realizing Application Performance Management, wraps up by answering questions on APM implementation, skills and organizational structure.
- Red Hat gives Windows the boot with RHEV 3.0
Red Hat will shift its Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization management server from Windows to Java and Linux. Attendees at the Red Hat Summit say the change can?t come fast enough.
- IDFC wins tier 3 data center design certification
Indian financial services company clears tier 3 data center design certification by the Uptime Institute; IDFC gears up for data center redesign.
- Red Hat's halfhearted attempt at cloud
Open source leader Red Hat unveiled new cloud offerings at the Red Hat Summit in Boston, but nothing flashed the potential to stand out in a crowded market.
- Eye clinic achieves high-availability systems, virtualization sans SAN
Central Plains Eye MDs needed high-availability systems. This SMB uses VM6 Software to turn its Dell PowerVault DAS and Hyper-V environment into a high-availability configuration.
- VoIP company embraces a brave new (and cheaper) open source BI world
A communications company skips over the big business intelligence players such as Oracle and Microsoft and decides to embrace the world of open source BI.
- Gluster upgrades open source storage software for clouds; more news
Gluster releases new version of its open source storage system for clouds; Infortrend adds unified storage systems; SSD startup Kaminario gets funding; and more data storage news.
- Sophos acquires Astaro for integrated network security, endpoint protection
Sophos branches out into network security with its acquisition of Astaro, UTM vendor for the midmarket.
- Red Hat bolsters RHEL support with portal, automated data collection
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 includes a customer portal and an automated bug report and tracking (ABRT) tool, squelching some past complaints about Red Hat support. Red Hat collects data about problems that occur in real-time, and soon customers will automatically receive fixes.
- Best WAN monitoring metric: Flows or packets? Riverbed says both
WAN monitoring tools examine network flows or packets, but rarely both. Riverbed is integrating Wireshark into its Cascade appliance to provide end-to-end visibility.
- Best Buy, ING offer CRM marketing strategy tips at IBM summit
Companies need to push forward on CRM marketing initiatives and not wait for the ideal time to launch social CRM or marketing analytics programs.