Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
- Microsoft patches critical server flaw, revises index
The software giant patched three vulnerabilities and revised its Exploitability Index for prioritizing patch deployments.
- How to build an efficient BI data warehouse
The best data warehouses for manufacturers are built on a foundation of clear business goals.
- Tripwire acquired by investment firm
Thoma Bravo adds to its investment portfolio, which includes Entrust and LANDesk Software.
- Three experts weigh in on best practices for SharePoint 2010 training
Effective SharePoint training requires empowering employees to use the new tool and finding departments ripe for adoption.
- Intel '3-D' chip intrigues data center pros
New Tri-Gate transistors promised to show up in 22-nm "Ivy Bridge" chips late this year.
- Subaru CIO gets technology to align with business goals
Subaru CIO Brian Simmermon replaced more than 90% of the company's technology to remove silos and redundancy, and to align with business goals.
- Interop 2011: Should enterprises invest in network testing equipment?
At Interop 2011, network testing equipment vendors are taking aim at enterprises. As virtualization complicates the network, do testing vendors have a point?
- IT pros seek details on Microsoft cloud computing strategy
Windows managers want Microsoft to pull together its cloud story into a cohesive whole. The company is expected to flesh out its plans at this year?s TechEd conference.
- ASHRAE okays hotter data centers
Under ASHRAE TC 9.9?s new recommendations, operators can increase data center operating temperatures -- and decrease their reliance on computer room air conditioners.
- Best practices to ensure the success of contact center self-service
Find out which tasks work best with self-service and learn how to measure the effectiveness of a self-service implementation in the contact center.
- EMC Vplex expanded for active-active storage at EMC World 2011
The EMC Vplex active-active storage platform adds a Geo version that moves data non-disruptively over thousands of miles; also adds data moving capabilities to VNX and VMAX.
- EMC's Project Lightning embraces server-side flash SSDs
Headlines: The opening day of EMC World Las Vegas 2011 featured a surprising launch of flash solid state on a PCIe card for servers from the world?s largest storage vendor.
- Juniper Networks finds rise in Android phone malware, smartphone spyware
The networking giant found a 400% increase in Android malware and a rise in spyware targeting iPhone and Blackberry devices.
- Don?t miss out: The most interesting technology conferences of 2011
The biggest lost opportunity on every CIOs budget tends to be training and career enhancement. Here are some choice technology conferences for you to check out.
- Cloud computing will play key role in the future of MDM, says Gartner
Cloud computing technology and social networks will play important roles in master data management as MDM strategies progress, according to IT research firm Gartner Inc.
- F5 Viprion chassis gets cheaper for the masses at Interop 2011
At Interop 2011, F5 Networks unveiled a midrange F5 Viprion chassis application delivery controller and muli-tenancy capability through virtualization of its OS.
- Google leads by example in data center energy efficiency
Google blazed the trail in ultra-low data center PUE and other data centers can replicate its results with planning.
- Legacy application modernization: Make SOA work for you
Service-oriented architectures can help enterprises modernize their legacy applications. Here are some ways to make them work.