Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, May 13, 2011
- Feds take notice as online consumer privacy remains in the spotlight
Recent data breaches have made online consumer privacy a priority. The federal government is now attempting to take action that includes introducing "do not track" legislation.
- Harris integrates Agile PLM with Oracle Autovue to boost document visualization
To boost its document visualization capabilities, the communications equipment maker integrated Oracle AutoVue with Agile PLM. But seamless integration remains a work in progress.
- Master data governance success hinges on 'dynamic' team members
Master data governance team members should be forceful yet diplomatic, because they will be called upon to make unpopular decisions, according to speakers at last week's Gartner MDM Summit.
- Teradata's Stephen Brobst on 'Big Data' analytics and the Aster deal
In a Q&A, Teradata CTO Stephen Brobst shares his thoughts on Big Data and its impact on analytics and explains the rationale for his company?s acquisition of Aster Data Systems.
- Verizon's two-headed cloud strategy
What will Verizon do with Terremark's cloud? How will a new partnership with SAP affect its cloud strategy? These are the questions that we never got to ask Verizon's cloud chiefs.
- Industry experts: ICO guidelines on cookies get cautious welcome
New ICO guidelines give leeway for a more nuanced approach to compliance, but some say more clarity is needed.
- Independent Oracle survey says: Loyalty might be waning
A recent independent Oracle survey of IT professionals, 94% of them Oracle customers, found not only some disenchantment with Oracle, but also a strong possibility of disengagement.
- With XenServer 6.0, Citrix takes another stab at VMware
Citrix will release the XenServer 6.0 beta in the run-up to its annual user conference, but some say it?s too late in the game to catch up to VMware.
- CA, Microsoft combine for hybrid cloud backup service
CA will let ARCserve customers move data off to Microsoft Azure, adding subscription-based backup to ARCserve?s onsite backup in a move that follows rivals Symantec and CommVault.
- Tandberg Data acquires ProStor RDX removable disk business; more news
ProStor sells RDX removable disk business to Tandberg; BridgeSTOR adds data reduction appliances for Microsoft DPM; Nexsan E-Series supports 3 TB SATA drives; more storage news.