Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
- BackTrack 5 ?Revolution? release ups the penetration testing ante
BackTrack 5, the new version of the GNU/Linux distribution developed specifically for hacking, was released last week. Here?s a quick look at what?s on offer.
- New contact center technology needs traditional rollout
Successful call center overhauls combine new contact center technologies with traditional change management practices to get agent buy-in and business-driven results.
- SAP targets the enterprise with Business ByDesign and two-tier ERP
Initially aimed at small and medium sized businesses, SAP's Business ByDesign SaaS ERP suite is now seeing some adoption by enterprises interested in two-tier ERP.
- Microsoft broadens Exchange certification options
Microsoft has expanded the options for Exchange administrators who wish to seek higher credentials, and that means long stays in Redmond are no longer necessary.
- The security of cloud storage, Dropbox clarifies the language used in Help
Recently a number of security analysts have queried how cloud storage providers such as Dropbox store data and who has access to that storage.
- Cost comparisons push Microsoft Hyper-V growth
Now that Microsoft Hyper-V sports Dynamic Memory and Live Migration, cost comparison with VMware?s ESX has gotten even more compelling.
- Differing laws, data standards complicate state HIE initiatives
State health IT leaders discuss how privacy laws and EHR interoperability issues make interstate health information exchange anything but straightforward.
- Buried in paper, CFO takes the lead on business intelligence strategy
Strapped with legacy BI systems that were paper-heavy and relied on IT, a CFO commandeered business intelligence strategy. He's not the only business exec taking charge of BI tools.
- Breakthrough WAN technologies that will change your company's network
At Interop Las Vegas 2011, moderator Jim Metzler hosted a panel of five vendors creating breakthrough WAN technologies that will change the way you create and manage your network.
- ICASI publishes new vulnerability reporting framework
A new Common Vulnerability Framework sets a standard so organizations can share vulnerability information in a common readable format.
- Wikileaks insider threat: A lesson for government cybersecurity managers
The Wikileaks insider threat is not the first and will not be the last, however with the media hype Wikileaks has garnered, government cybersecurity managers are beginning to take different approaches to security.
- 'Big data' tops list of annoying data management industry buzzwords
Find out why popular data management industry phrases like 'big data' and 'single version of the truth' really irritate some experts.
- Cloud-based business intelligence making a difference for fast movers
Cloud-based business intelligence delivers results like those from an enterprise BI system, but it allows businesses a chance to spin up results faster for less money.
- Citrix cuts virtual desktop storage costs with IntelliCache support
Citrix XenDesktop 5 Service Pack 1 adds support for IntelliCache to cut storage costs for shops that run XenServer. It also includes a migration tool for XenDesktop 4 upgrades.
- VMware CIO Mark Egan on cloud, acquisitions and Microsoft
VMware eats its own cloud dog food, and Soviet-era user interfaces need to go, CIO Mark Egan says in this exclusive interview.
- EMC Vplex expanded for active-active storage at EMC World 2011
Headlines: EMC Vplex active-active storage platform adds a Geo version to move data non-disruptively over long distances; adds data moving capabilities to VNX and VMAX.
- OSGi, Eclipse with Jeff McAffer
At this year's EclipseCon, SearchSOA.com writer Jack Vaughan spoke with Jeff McAffer, CTO, EclipseSource, to better discern the course of OSGi.
- Winners at the AusCERT 2011 awards night
Each year at the AusCERT conference a number of awards are given to individuals and companies who have significantly contributed to the information security industry in areas such as community service, innovation, education, liaison, law enforcement, governance or leadership.