Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
- Getting the most from CeBIT Sydney
CeBIT Sydney 2011 is coming up. Is it worth part or all of a CIO's day to attend or is just another show? We look at the program and exhibitors so that the busy CIO can prioritise their time.
- 2011 CRM software market spending, adoption on rise
TSIA?s John Ragsdale examines where companies will be putting the CRM dollars this year and what is driving these purchases.
- IT channel mergers on the rise
As the channel M&A wave continues, here are three things you should know.
- Texas Memory Systems, GridIron launch solid-state storage devices
Headlines: The market is expanding for solid-state storage devices used to accelerate SAN traffic by boosting application performance.
- A Wells Fargo roadmap to sidestep technology integration risks
An air space analysis system to avoid technology integration disasters, one step of many the CIOs used to reduce customer service disruptions and risk.
- New cloud-based network labs from Juniper and Cisco a good start
Juniper's Junosphere and Cisco Learning Labs offer broader access to network gear firmware, but engineers want something they can run locally, much like illicit router emulator software.
- Microsoft formalizes cloud computing enterprise licensing
Microsoft licensing will try and catch up to cloud computing; buy Software Assurance and get "license mobility" for your volume licenses.
- Google updates Chrome to address critical vulnerabilities
Releases new stable build of Chrome; maintenance update to address several security vulnerabilities.
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 days numbered, users say
Without SCVMM 2012 support, users can see the end of the road for Virtual Server 2005, though Microsoft says it won?t formally reach end of life for another few years.
- Virtual desktop benefits include tighter security, hot desking
With the help of hot desking and other virtualisation technologies, the Basildon Borough Council was able to centralise its security administration and reduce its number of desks by more than 30%.
- Web-based visuals boosts flexibility for SAP ERP HCM charts, reports
Discover how adding Web-based visuals to SAP ERP Human Capital Management (HCM) reports and charts enable companies to ensure they are always viewing the most up-to-date information.
- How are Agile testing and traditional testing different? Interview with George Dinwiddie ? Part 1
In part one of this two-part interview, we take a closer look at Agile testing with Agile consultant George Dinwiddie.
- What skills are needed for Agile testing? Interview with George Dinwiddie ? Part 2
Is it necessary for Agile testers to know how to develop code? Are test certifications necessary? Yvette Francino asks Agile consultant George Dinwiddie in part two of this two-part interview.
- Cloud computing moves towards governance, gateways and security
Cloud computing issues include governance, authentication gateways and security in general. While these issues are similar to those found across the IT landscape, they are not identical.
- Eye on: virtualization security
SearchSecurity.com's "Eye on" series examines a security topic each month. In May, the series explores virtualization security and the technologies and methodologies available to reduce vulnerabilities and improve virtualization processes.
- Reduce virtualization security risks by thinking physical, experts say
Firms reassessing their virtualized infrastructure to defend against threats need to apply the same security best practices they?ve been using for years to secure their physical systems.
- Three things VARs should know about IT channel consolidation
Read these recommendations before considering delving into IT channel consolidation.
- NIIT Technologies GIS subsidiary?s server hacked
NIIT Technologies? subsidiary latest victim in the wake of a string of high profile hacks. NIIT GIS? server has been compromised using SQL injection.