Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, May 26, 2011
- Facebook and Two Factor Authentication (2FA) - for better or worse?
The recent news around Facebook security and the visibility in the media of identity loss stories have some positive outcomes.
- Will your organization benefit from big data processing technology?
Software makers will increasingly add big data processing technology to their data management portfolios in the near future, according to Forrester Research Inc.
- Citrix addresses IT pro demands for VDI tools, support
At its annual conference this week, Citrix Systems showered IT shops with products and technologies that reflect a general maturing of the virtual desktop market.
- MacDefender variant MacGuard installs without user's authentication
New MacDefender variant MacGuard doesn?t need administrative authentication, and is out in the wild ? latest entrant to the growing Apple malware family
- Citrix focuses on choice with XenServer 6.0, Project Olympus
In a sign of more mixed virtual environments, Microsoft System Center will manage XenServer 6.0, and two new Citrix cloud initiatives will support both Hyper-V and VMware.
- Verizon LTE rollout: CTO talks outage, AT&T/T-Mobile, Wi-Fi offload
Verizon CTO Tony Melone told reporters at TIA 2011: Inside the Network that Verizon's LTE rollout will handle whatever subscribers throw at the network.
- Consistent data key for optimal SAP sales order management, experts say
The range of purchasing channels today makes life easy for the consumer, but it can mean headaches for companies that don?t do enough to make sure data is consistent across those channels.
- For cloud automation, think flat networks and Ethernet fabric
For cloud automation, vendors are preaching flat cloud networks based on Ethernet fabrics and open network software that enable engineers to build in cloud management tools.
- Unified communications strategy suffers when IT 'civil war' wages
Divisions within IT lead to a splintered unified communications strategy, resulting in poor execution, lackluster adoption and unnecessary expenses, according to one expert.
- Cisco takes bite out of HP, IBM blade server share
Research shows Cisco gaining market share with its UCS servers at the expense of server giants HP and IBM.
- From the Editors: Achieving, and not achieving, the benefits of BI
The business intelligence market grew 13.4% in 2010, Gartner says. But are companies putting the BI software they?re buying to effective use? Gartner and MIT have thoughts on that.
- How to move to IPv6
Learn how to move to IPv6 with these steps provided by ARIN president and CEO John Curran from his Interop Las Vegas 2011 session, 'How do we finally get to IPv6?'
- Forrester: Companies must weigh needs for digital media management
A Forrester report suggests that managers examine their needs before choosing from a fragmented and complex market of digital asset management options.
- Email marketing program outpaces Facebook at indieWire
An online news source in the independent film industry gives a lead role to email in its marketing strategy and found it delivers a clear advantage over social channels with the measurable results it provides.
- Reporter's notebook: Deconstructing Citrix Synergy 2011
See how IT experts analyze vendor claims and industry trends at the Citrix annual confab. It's fun to see some get blown to bits!
- The great cloud bait and switch: Agility instead of cost
Remember when cloud's major selling point was the bottom-line benefits? It's only recently that the vendor's buzzword has been curiously changed from "cost" to "agility."
- Yahoo shares new BI strategy for optimizing banner advertisements
Yahoo, a Gartner BI Excellence Award finalist, has developed a system targeted at optimizing banner advertisements through data management and analytics.