Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
- Amazon Web Services testing the waters for Australian data centre?
Amazon Web Services has asked its global customers for feedback on it services, and the questions asked of users suggest the company is considering the introduction of a local data centre.
- Mobile BI: For that executive on-the-go
Business Intelligence has caught the mobile bug. While there are warnings issued about the length of caution that must be met, essentially applications are being built to help mobile BI professionals to do their job all the time.
- WCM and digital asset management systems: not so separate anymore
As images and video become more and more central to the online experience, the delineation between WCM and DAM technologies is no longer so clear.
- Sentiment analysis turns social media into customer intelligence
Sentiment analysis tools are creating a kind of customer intelligence that online marketers are finding beats traditional market research.
- FCoE or iSCSI? Doesn?t matter! It?s about the Ethernet
Some question the path to network convergence - is it through FCoE or iSCSI? Either way, preparing the existing infrastructure will be key to a healthy network environment.
- Redirection to the rescue: I/O tools boost virtualization projects
From managing backup copies to server-side SSD caching, users say emerging I/O redirection and optimization tools are key to managing storage in virtual infrastructures.
- Terremark sees value in containerized data center modules
The flexibility and reduced lead time offered by containerized data center infrastructure has won over colocation provider Terremark.
- Raritan tool finds spare data center capacity: News in brief
Raritan dcTrack helps managers unearth spare data center capacity; Wave2Wave intros a data center on wheels; and iTRACS and TBD Fusion strike partnership.