Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
- Ensuring growth through outsourcing services and cloud computing
PURE, a small insurance provider, is fueling growth on the back of outsourcing services and cloud computing, and with a clear vision of IT innovation.
- ComSuper releases tender request for the physical sorting of mail
With services expected to commence on 1 July 2011 for a term of 12 months, Comsuper has released a tender for the physical sorting of mail sent to the ComSuper postal addresses in Belconnen ACT.
- HP jump-starts sleepy software biz with CIO dashboard
HP?s new IT Executive Scorecard dashboard is targeted at CIOs and their C-level peers in an attempt to revive the company?s IT performance management portfolio.
- Sales automation tools and CRM redefining sales roles
The growth of sales automation tools and virtual shopping are creating a brave new sales world.
- DHL uses product-level track and trace system for high-value air cargo
Logistics company DHL is one business that uses product level track and trace for high value cargo. OnAsset Intelligence provides sensors and data.
- Virtual cloud computing rings in a new security era
Elasticity and ease of provisioning are virtual cloud computing characteristics that appeal to CIOs but are off-putting from the perspective of security.
- World IPv6 Day coming June 8 - what should you be doing?
On 8 June, 2011, a number of large networks will offer their content over IPv6 for a 24-hour ?test flight?.
- Top five virtualization problems: Virtualization capacity planning
Fast Packet blogger Josh Stephens says a lack of virtualization capacity planning is one of the top-five virtualization problems that must be addressed.
- Extra negotiation helps firm answer cloud computing security questions
What happens when the CISO has cloud computing security questions, but the contract has already been signed? Find a way to renegotiate, says one consultant.
- Data breach notification laws: Timing right for breach notification bill, experts say
The notification bill would supersede state laws and experts say they could help enterprises by setting one standard set of rules for breach notification.
- The role of the software architect in Agile development with Johanna Rothman -- Part one
How do organizations handle the architecture involved with software development in an Agile world? What does the term "Agile architecture" even mean? In this two-part interview, SSQ contributor Matt Heusser asks consultant Johanna Rothman to find out.
- Agile architecture and managing architectural debt with Johanna Rothman -- Part two
In this second part of an interview with Johanna Rothman, SSQ contributor Matt Heusser explores questions related to the role of the architect, architectural debt and additional resources related to Agile architecture.
- NetApp, CommVault forge OEM deal around SnapProtect, tape
Headlines: NetApp and CommVault sign an OEM deal that allows NetApp to sell and brand CommVault?s SnapProtect to move replicated data to tape.
- Is Citrix's client hypervisor better than XenDesktop for VDI?
One Citrix executive says the company's client hypervisor is closer to the future of desktop delivery than what is offered by the company's flagship VDI products.
- Cloud SLAs the next bugbear for enterprise IT
Service-level agreements are a royal pain to most IT pros, but at least they give you a leg to stand on with providers. Not so with cloud computing; sometimes "buyer beware" isn't enough.
- Can cloud performance tests determine real-world results?
Microsoft Azure ranked behind Google App Engine in a recent global performance ranking of cloud providers. Should IT shops take note?
- Pitfalls in SAP sales order management common to many
Struggling with SAP sales order management? You?re probably not alone. It?s a complicated system, but some careful planning can help avoid mistakes.