Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, June 2, 2011
- Larry English offers tips for improving information quality processes
Information quality mastermind Larry English offers sage advice for organizations that want to improve information quality and delivery processes.
- Apple fuels cloud computing hype all over again
Apple launches iCloud, a highly anticipated new service that has nothing to do with its namesake, and joins the march of major IT vendors and telcos into whatever they're calling "cloud."
- Compliance organizations increasingly turn to social networking tools
As regulations increase, more compliance organizations and professionals are seeing the value of social networking tools to share information on regulatory compliance services.
- Business dashboards: From information to insight
Business dashboards have become as vital as report generation amongst corporates. Ask these insightful questions before selecting a suitable business dashboard.
- Telestroke services connect specialists, patients more quickly than ever
Telestroke services put neurologists at patients' bedsides fast enough to make a difference with cutting-edge tPA treatments. This puts telemedicine in the spotlight.
- Oracle response to Montclair State University lawsuit
In response to Montclair State University's lawsuit claiming a failed PeopleSoft ERP implementation, Oracle says poor university management doomed the project.
- Montclair State University vs Oracle lawsuit
Montclair State University claims that Oracle mismanaged its PeopleSoft ERP implementation project, costing the university millions.
- State university sues Oracle over PeopleSoft ERP project
Montclair State University is suing Oracle, claiming the company mismanaged a PeopleSoft ERP project and caused deadlines to come and go with no results.
- Virtualization for disaster recovery offers flexibility
Utilizing virtualization for disaster recovery may solve issues quicker. One team tried disaster recovery with server virtualization to cut processes and increase productivity.
- Unify UC user experience for mobile, bring your own device initiatives
With increasing focus on mobility and bring your own device initiatives, UC pros must ensure that users who juggle multiple devices have a unified user experience.
- Gartner: SaaS-based ERP can help with IT governance
A Japanese company that used SaaS-based ERP at an Indian subsidiary to lower costs and speed deployment found that the project also helped with IT governance.
- Schools upgrade wireless LANs for iPad-in-the-classroom programs
School districts that adopt iPad-in-the-classroom programs must upgrade their wireless LAN technology in order to support the new mobile devices.
- Online video growth prompts new content monetization strategies
Carriers must differentiate their content monetization strategies by offering advertisers something pure-play CDN providers cannot: subscriber usage data and video QoE metrics.
- Using network management and monitoring systems across IT and buildings
Bolton College linked its buildings facilities to the campus network and is using a network monitoring and management system that sees both buildings and IT resources.
- Converting embedded software teams to an Agile methodology with Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
Read this interview to learn what "embedded Agile" looks like, how it's done, and how teams can convert effectively from traditional means.
- How to make your voice-of-the-customer program matter in 14 steps
At the Text Analytics Summit, Chris Jones of Zynga presented 14 steps on how to ensure a voice-of-the-customer program delivers.
- Contractor attacks via SecurID tokens fuel call for data security reassessment
Security pros advocate a reassessment of security processes and technologies in the wake of breaches that may be tied to RSA SecurID weaknesses.
- Vendors allege partner program misuse feeds gray market problem
Gray market alliance contends that abuse of channel programs and funding contributes to a $54 billion problem.
- NYSE launches community cloud for financial traders
A vertical cloud for the cash crowd is now in beta. But is it just hosting with another name?