Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 3, 2011
- Can anyone challenge Microsoft's messaging monopoly?
With Exchange Server, Microsoft has won the messaging-collaboration wars against IBM?s Lotus Notes. But who will step up to challenge its monopoly in the age of the cloud?
- Putting a global face on manufacturing quality control
Today?s global and extended supply chains are putting a strain on traditional quality control systems, causing new challenges for manufacturers.
- Swiss firm goes mobile for faster Business One invoicing
Struggling for a simple way to reduce the time it takes to invoice its customers, one Swiss crane manufacturer found iPhones and a low-cost cloud solution were the answer.
- Mobile growth hinges on applications and operating systems, survey finds
Mobile growth is surging ahead like never before, according to our annual reader survey. Find out what your peers are saying, and where their IT budgets are going.
- Salesforce.com's product-specific networks not for everyone
Salesforce.com is promoting the idea of product-specific social networks based on Chatter, but organizations need to determine their social media strategy first.
- Dynamic and targeted SAP ERP HCM email distribution lists ensure effective communication
SAP ERP Human Capital Management (HCM) provides HR managers ideal data for corporate email distribution lists. See how to leverage this data.
- Micron launches PCIe SSD card, and other data storage news
Micron brings out its first PCIe SSD card; Texas Memory Systems adds RamSan-70 to its solid-state platform; Bocada Prism expands reporting for Symantec deduplication; and more.
- How to make your voice-of-the-customer program matter in 14 steps
At the Text Analytics Summit, Chris Jones of Zynga presented 14 steps on how to ensure a voice-of-the-customer program delivers.
- APC links to HP Operations Manager: News in brief
APC infrastructure management software integrates with HP Operations Manager for real-time power and cooling monitoring; and more news in brief.
- Medway Youth Trust uses text analytics to fight youth unemployment
Medway Youth Trust?s use of IBM?s SSPS predictive analytics to fight youth unemployment attracts government interest.
- Survey says: IT certifications are losing value
Real-life experience trumps formal IT certifications when it comes to salary, according to Foote Partners research.
- When WAN replication process lags, WAN optimization helps it catch up
Even with a dedicated link for backup, one credit union's nightly WAN replication never kept up with the data load. WAN optimization shaved that cycle down from day to hours.
- Business analysis and requirements elicitation: Interview with Ellen Gottesdiener -- Part one
In part one of this two-part interview with EBG Consulting's Ellen Gottesdiener, we learn about techniques used to elicit requirements and hear about the differences between Agile and traditional requirements elicitation.
- Business requirements and software tester collaboration with Ellen Gottesdiener -- Part two
In part two of this two-part interview, we hear more about tools and techniques in requirements elicitation and further explore the roles of tester collaboration in requirements processes.