Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, June 9, 2011
- Citigroup acknowledges data security breach
Bank said a hack of its systems exposed the data of about 200,000 bank card holders in North America.
- CIO, CEO of New York Life RPS tackle IT organization transformation
New York Life Retirement Plan Services' CIO and CEO discuss the changing role of the IT organization, and why social media is topping their agenda.
- Oracle fixes 17 Java bugs in June critical patch
Releases bug fixes to address critical Java SE product line vulnerabilities in scheduled Java Critical Update Patch.
- Tipping point: What's getting IT shops into cloud?
Many IT pros are teetering on the edge of making a cloud decision. With budget constraints and other hesitations, choosing the right time has become increasingly important.
- SAP sends Business ByDesign to the NHL with the hopes of a win
SAP is introducing a new sports and event management version of Business ByDesign that it says can handle everything from ticketing and merchandise sales to facilities management.
- Nessus Android application extends vulnerability scanner?s mobile reach
Free Android app for Nessus Vulnerability scanner released by developers, Tenable Network Security Inc; extends Nessus?s existing support for iOS devices.
- Thin client device market splinters on virtual desktops
Choosing the right thin client in a sea of devices built for specific virtual desktop environments is a balancing act that involves much thought and a long term plan.
- Operators plan inter-carrier global video conferencing network exchange
A new consortium of operators will make inter-carrier B2B video as simple as phone calls by stitching together a global video conferencing network to form a private exchange.
- Upgrade SQL Server; your BI system will thank you
Better performing BI systems are invaluable to businesses itching to get ahead. Upgrade SQL Server to a newer version, Don Jones says, and you?ll be a step closer.
- Social media analytics: Still trial and error
Companies are discovering the challenges of social media analytics, and many are not sure where to begin. But industry analysts say launching a listening strategy is a good way to start.
- Document capture: the first step in effective document management
Experts say that document management technology won?t banish paper from the office until proper document capture processes are adopted.
- Why TRILL won't work for data center network architecture
TRILL supporters say the protocol will enable multi-pathing in new data center network architectures, but Fast Packet blogger Anjan Venkatramani explains why it won't work.
- VMware's cloud quandary: Integration
As VMware extends the capabilities of vCloud Director and Cloud Foundry, we can only wonder how vFabric fits into the company's cloud strategy.
- Microsoft gearing up for disruptive Patch Tuesday
Microsoft is preparing to address 16 vulnerabilities in its Patch Tuesday bulletins next week.
- Infor renews channel push
New Infor Partner Network encourages, but does not require, partner exclusivity.
- Experts share tips for shop floor quality control
Integrating the plant floor into the enterprise IT infrastructure for global plant visibility can help manufacturers achieve more effective quality control.
- Zeus Technology announces art of defence acquisition
Zeus says the art of defence acquisition will boost its effort to provide Web application security for cloud computing deployments.