Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 10, 2011
- Microsoft gearing up for disruptive Patch Tuesday
Microsoft is preparing to address 16 vulnerabilities in its Patch Tuesday bulletins next week.
- Who's who in cloud computing: Understanding the market's players
The cloud computing market is crowded with noise and wanna-be players, but some companies are worthy of your attention.
- Citigroup acknowledges data security breach
Bank said a hack of its systems exposed the data of about 200,000 bank card holders in North America.
- Open source fans disagree on impact of Oracle's OpenOffice divestiture
Oracle's donation of the OpenOffice.org source code to the Apache Software Foundation has split open source advocates who disagree over whether the move will ultimately help or hurt the project.
- VMware launches Converter 5.0 beta: Virtualization news in brief
The new version of vCenter Converter Standalone will optimize disk partition alignment, Virsto snares $12 million in funding, and VMware partners with Hitachi on cloud services.
- Telepresence room design: Do you really need to buy a vendor's chairs?
UC pros want more flexible telepresence deployment options, challenging rigid telepresence room design guidelines that require custom furniture and prescribed layouts.
- TDWI attendees seek to overcome data warehouse architecture challenges
IT professionals at the TDWI Chicago conference talk about some of the most problematic data warehouse architecture and implementation challenges.
- IT shops will look but not 'touch' Windows 8
Microsoft?s Windows 8 will include, among other things, touch-centric capabilities. It may not work for enterprises today, but IT executives see potential as applications evolve.
- Top five virtualization problems: Virtualization capacity planning
Fast Packet blogger Josh Stephens says a lack of virtualization capacity planning is one of the top-five virtualization problems that must be addressed.
- Cloud services? top driver in India to be agility than cost: Forrester
The number one reason for cloud services adoption in India is cost reduction. With significant growth in expectations, that may change, says Forrester.
- Data center fabric overview
A data center fabric is the next logical step for networks in the virtualization age. Discover the need for a data center fabric, as well as our roundup of players in the market.
- Fusion-io IPO, Violin Memory funding gets cash for solid-state vendors
Solid-state storage vendor Fusion-io raises $237 million in IPO; Violin Memory funds its flash memory array line; Emulex unveils Implementer's Lab; more data storage news.