Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, June 13, 2011
- Dell and EMC "Still get together when the kids are around"
EMC and Dell have reached an "amicable separation rather than a nasty divorce" and still get together when it's important, says EMC's marketing CTO Chuck Hollis.
- IPv6 Action Plan
World IPv6 day has come and gone? Did you notice? Have you done anything about IPv6? Here's the SearchCIO AU action plan for getting ready for the switch from IPv4 to iPv6.
- Social media analytics: Still trial and error
Companies are discovering the challenges of social media analytics, and many are not sure where to begin. But industry analysts say launching a listening strategy is a good way to start.
- Mobile device security demands surpass reality, survey says
It's no surprise that mobile device security was top of mind in our recent reader survey. Find out what's missing and what IT pros are asking for in mobile security products.
- Content analytics software help companies hear 'voice of the customer'
Content analytics tools help companies mine emails, consumer reviews, surveys and more unstructured data to discover what customers want and need.
- Managed services meets e-discovery
Legal MSPs see growth even as more companies bring e-discovery in-house.
- Wireshark?s latest, version 1.6.0, up for grabs
The latest version of Wireshark, version 1.6.0 incorporates bug fixes, packs in new features and protocol support. Mac OS X version gets tweaks.
- IBM launches mainframe job board: News in brief
Mainframe pros get a new source for System z jobs, and other data center news.
- Dell data storage plans pique customer interest
Dell customers want to know more about how the vendor will integrate primary data reduction, as well as NAS and common Compellent and EqualLogic management.
- Line blurs between capacity planning, performance monitoring
Tighter integration between capacity planning and performance monitoring features is becoming a baseline expectation for virtualization management tools.
- World IPv6 Day a success, but IPv6 security problems only beginning
While World IPv6 Day caused no catastrophic Internet outages, some researchers predict that transition-related IPv6 security problems could threaten security.
- Laying the groundwork for supply chain sustainability
Supply chain sustainability is placing new compliance and reporting demands on both manufacturers and suppliers. Here?s why it?s critical to have a solid strategy in place.
- OpenFlow hype and the software-defined network
OpenFlow has enjoyed plenty of hype since Interop, but the protocol, and the software-defined networks it enables, have a lot of potential for solving problems like virtualization.
- Oracle lawsuit highlights cloud security and liability concerns
A recent lawsuit by Montclair State University against Oracle highlights a major issue for users considering Oracle and cloud computing. What is it?