Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- Predictive analytics tools stretch the financial aid dollar
College Foundation Inc. turned to business intelligence software and predictive analytics to help students get more mileage out of financial aid.
- SharePoint-BI integration: business intelligence data for everyone
Integrating the collaboration platform SharePoint 2010 with SQL Server has gotten much easier and can open up business intelligence data to more end users across the enterprise.
- Consultants emphasize the need for proactive data quality management
Information management experts offer tips for creating highly proactive data quality management strategies.
- Microsoft issues 16 bulletins, 9 critical including SMB, IE fixes
Microsoft?s June Patch Tuesday includes a major security update to Internet Explorer and a repair fixing a serious SMB client bug.
- Is it time to spend on sales performance management software?
Is it time to give up the spreadsheet? New sales performance management software is giving managers tools to better forecast sales.
- Integration platform set for cloud, on-premise and hybrid setups
Application integration software goes ''cloudward'' as Talend takes its newly purchased Sopera ESB to the next level.
- No matter an outsourcing contract's size, governance is an inside job
No matter how big the outsourcing contract, accountability should be an inside job. CIO Linda Jojo explains why outsourcing is all about governance.
- VDI technology rollout at Sterlite Technologies reaps rich dividends
Sterlite Technologies deployed virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) technology, and was rewarded with cost and energy gains. Here?s how they went about it
- Oracle support issues overshadow Solaris virtualization milestone
Sparc 2.1?s live migration feature earns plaudits but may not be enough to placate weary Sun shops.
- For Kaweah Delta, using the iPad a natural extension of Citrix network
A central California health district has been using the iPad since the day it came out. Read this case study to see how the devices have been deployed, managed and secured.
- PCI virtualisation: With new guidelines, compliance may be harder
New guidelines on virtualisation issued by the PCI SSC show PCI compliance is possible within a virtualised environment, but may not be feasible.
- Top five lessons learned from a virtualization veteran
Everyone knows the basic pros and cons of virtualization, but lessons about 100% virtualization and virtual infrastructure design are learned only through experience.
- VMware to acquire Digital Fuel
VMware's latest acquisition, reportedly worth $85 million, will bolster chargeback and service-level reporting within VMware?s portfolio, the company claims.
- Where should virtual appliances for network services live?
Virtual appliances for network services need not be confined to a data center's general pool of ESX hosts, as vendors leverage virtualization and build specialized hardware.
- Citigroup attack highlights insufficient authorization error
Citigroup hackers used a common website vulnerability to bypass security controls and reap confidential banking data.
- Microsoft?s June patches fix Windows Server 2008 flaws
Windows administrators keep their jobs this month thanks to a hefty 34 security fixes to some mainstay products, including Windows Server 2008, and R2.