Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 17, 2011
- Demystifying IT Rules 2011: What it means for you
The first of a two-part series on the IT Rules 2011 notification under IT Act 2000, looking into its stipulations and their implications for businesses.
- Tips on creating a midmarket BI project plan ? and keeping it on track
Most small and medium-sized businesses can?t afford the luxury of dedicated business intelligence teams, which can complicate the process of developing and implementing a BI project plan.
- New technologies mean changing roles for data management professionals
Data management professionals need to evolve their skill sets to survive the ever-changing IT landscape, according to experts.
- Dot Hill beefs up entry-level SAN with 3 TB drives; other storage news
Dot Hill adds 3 TB drives, improves remote replication for AssuredSAN entry-level SAN; Symantec survey finds private/hybrid clouds hot topic for IT shops; more data storage news.
- Avoiding the pitfalls of deploying and using document capture software
Document management consultants warn about tactical and strategic challenges to consider when deploying document capture software and strategies.
- IBM, Yale partner up to turn social media into a teaching tool
Yale and IBM are teaming up to bring social media --and text analytics -- into the classroom.
- VMware shops: No Digital Fuel in the tank for now
If VMware buys it, will users come? The Digital Fuel acquisition will take time to sink in, especially for smaller shops that have already invested in chargeback tools.
- BI software users report a sharp rise in data integration challenges
Data integration challenges are keeping many BI practitioners awake at night, according to the results of a new SearchBusinessAnalytics.com survey.
- Nortel-Avaya channel stands by vendor
New IP Office 7.0 touts integration of Nortel intellectual property into Avaya portfolio.