Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, June 23, 2011
- McAfee SMB specialization added to McAfee partner program
McAfee?s new SMB specialization promises higher margins, better deal registration and more resources for channel partners.
- From the Editors: Hearing customer voices with text analytics tools
Want to know what your customers are really saying about you? Text analytics can?t tell you that by itself, but it may be able to help, according to users who spoke at the Text Analytics Summit.
- The cloud and virtualization haven't make IT disaster recovery plans obsolete
Don?t let virtualization and the cloud push DR planning and tape out of your IT plans, consultant Jon Toigo says during a Storage Decisions keynote.
- A weak economy is redefining domestic IT outsourcing, but does it pay?
Can domestic outsourcing providers compete with skilled Indian providers and other offshore options? Experts tell why CIOs should do the calculation.
- Five key steps will enable Web content management strategy success
Effective Web content management strategy begins with clear goals, stakeholders enabled to create content, guidelines and a team to drive adoption.
- Network and server monitoring saves frustration and money
Lack of behavioral analysis through network and server monitoring proves the old adage that what you don't know will hurt your system in the long run.
- Core router spending to rise with demand for next-gen platforms
Carriers are investing in edge networks because that's where the profit is, but they have left core routers gathering dust. Demand for next-gen platforms will reignite the market.
- Aruba demos multimedia mobile application delivery on wireless LAN
Mobile application delivery, especially video over Wi-Fi, challenges organizations with throngs of users, but Aruba may have a mobile application delivery answer.
- How the Red Cross averted a social media disaster
The American Red Cross took a bad tweet and turned it into a positive experience by responding quickly and staying transparent.
- More enterprise social networks fail because of humans, not technology
Issues surrounding trust and other people problems can destroy enterprise social network projects, and one consultant recommends being up-front about failures to help these projects survive.
- Shopping tip: Unstructured data analytics tools not all created equal
Before buying, it?s important to understand how content analytics tools vary in how they ingest, process and analyze and present unstructured data.
- Eye On: CISO Management Issues
SearchSecurity.com's "Eye On" series examines a security topic each month. In June, the series explores common issues of concern for CISOs, including cloud contracts, compliance demands, security awareness programs and risk-based decision making.
- Citrix ceases sale of Essentials for Hyper-V
Citing Citrix Essentials' overlap with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012, Citrix says it will focus its development efforts elsewhere.
- Top five themes from Gartner Security Summit 2011
Eric B. Parizo discusses the top themes from the 2011 Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, including the rediscovery of enterprise risk management.
- Cisco introduces AnyConnect to mobile devices
The benefits of enabling your workforce with mobile access to enterprise applications, regardless of whether those applications are in the cloud or in the corporate data centre, are clearly recognised. The ease of providing secure remote access to employees, and the ability to maintain corporate data security policies is, however, not simple.