Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, June 24, 2011
- Creating an effective enterprise information management program
Enterprise information management aims to optimize the use of data as a corporate asset. But setting up an EIM program presents a variety of challenges and potential missteps to watch out for.
- Oracle support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux in question
Oracle recently announced changes for the storage management features of Oracle Database, leaving some Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) users wondering if Oracle is pulling support for Red Hat.
- From the Editors: Analytics takes on youth unemployment, delivery, and motorbikes
Fight youth unemployment, deliver goods swiftly, and design cool motorbikes...what can't analytics do?
- With enterprise social software, usability matters more than features
No matter how much users love Facebook, they won't automatically flock to enterprise social software. Adoption requires more than meeting a checklist of feature sets.
- Laptop data protection: A major headache with many cures
Laptop data protection is still a major headache for many organizations. Learn how some companies are turning to laptop backup software and the cloud to protect endpoint data.
- SaaS vendor avoids downtime with SIOS high availability failover
SaaS vendor says that SIOS high availability failover software caught an issue that could have resulted in a global outage.
- Exchange 2010 SP1 problem? Update Rollup 4 might fix it
If you run Exchange Server 2010 SP1 or plan to upgrade, check out some of the important fixes and feature upgrades in Update Rollup 4.
- Dispatches from Structure cloud conference
Cloud leaders were out in force at the Structure conference, presenting concrete ideas that might make cloud computing a bit more manageable.
- Xangati beefs up free VMware monitoring tool: News in brief
Netuitive adds Hyper-V support; Syncsort offers 10 minute P2V through NetApp; Oracle releases Oracle VM for x86 version 2.2.2; HP adds VAAI support to entry-level disk array.
- OCZ and SanDisk deliver MLC SSD devices; more data storage news
OCZ launches Deneva 2 MLC SSD, while SanDisk adds MLC and SLC NAND drives to its Enterprise Flash Drive (EFD) family; HP supports VAAI with MSA system; more news.
- Metasploit gets bigger, better with version 3.7.2?s release
Open-source exploit repository and penetration testing tool Metasploit?s version 3.7.2 +loaded with substantial toolset, module improvements.
- Navigating the data management lifecycle: end-to-end info management
Building effective processes for managing data throughout its lifecycle can help maximize the value of information. But that?s easier said than done.
- Top five themes from Gartner Security Summit 2011
Eric B. Parizo discusses the top themes from the 2011 Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit, including the rediscovery of enterprise risk management.
- Wintel cheerleads for client virtualization to whip VDI
VDI frees IT from PC management issues and costs. It also undermines Microsoft?s Windows PC business and Intel CPU sales. Why should they support VDI?
- Mobile device management: Law firm users bring their own
Using a mobile device management solution from MobileIron, one law firm lets employees use both personal and corporate devices to securely access enterprise apps.